Title: Sales Development Representative
Reporting to: SVP Sales
Who we are
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers.
So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As a Sales Development Representative at Volt, you play a central role in the broader Commercial team. We have a driven, high performing and experienced sales team to learn from, a distinctive brand plus strong partners and a market leading tech stack.
You will be responsible for continually developing our outbound engine and taking Sales at Volt to new heights. This means generating inbound pipeline performance to meet growth expectations, through outbound activity.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in customer & prospect companies
- Contact a target number of prospects daily via phone, email, Linkedin and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify pre-opportunities and collaborate with the Sales team in turning the deal from lead to life
- Generate pipeline through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Sales Managers
- Research and build new and existing accounts, mapping key contacts based on defined parameters (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
Specific skills we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience in a professional environment (experience in phone sales or public speaking preferred)
- High ethical and moral standards and great at nourishing relationships
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience developing leads through targeted direct outreach and marketing campaigns
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience a plus
- Articulate and excellent follow up skills
- Strong desire to progress through sales functions
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Adyen, Klarna and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big
- We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Great flexible working, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two way communication.