3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Title: VP, Sales Development
Reporting to: SVP Sales
Who we are
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers.
So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As VP, Sales Development at Volt, you play a central role in the broader Commercial team. We have a driven, high performing sales team, a distinctive brand plus strong partners and a market leading tech stack.
You will be responsible for continually developing our outbound engine and taking Sales at Volt to new heights. This means managing a team to generate inbound pipeline performance to meet growth expectations, through outbound activity.
It also means developing a team of SDR professionals to ensure they continue being able to grow and achieve great things.
- Develop and oversee the execution of sales development initiatives to ensure our outbound motion outperforms our outbound and pipeline targets
- Develop integrated and organic programmes that communicate Volt’s product value to our target audience and increase out outbound pipeline
- Ensure excellence in execution across all channels, upskilling the team and continually optimising performance.
- Operate hand in hand with sales leadership to create feedback loops and improve inbound pipeline conversion
Specific skills we’re looking for
- You have demonstrable experience working in and managing a global demand generation team
- Experience working in a B2B, especially in a startup environment
- Demonstrable analytical ability, specifically around campaign management and ROI and campaign execution skills
- Evidence of hiring, growing, developing, retaining, mentoring and sustained high performance
- Strong project management skills and superb attention to detail
- Knowledge and hands on experience with popular marketing and sales automation systems, particularly Salesforce
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Adyen, Klarna and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big
- We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in