Title: Business Strategy & Operations Manager
Reporting to: SVP Revenue Operations
Who we are
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers.
So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As a Business Strategy & Operations Manager, your mission will be to work alongside the COO and be responsible for providing quantitative input, analysis and models to back up business decisions, always aiming at the improvement of our user experience and revenue generation.
In addition, managing our annual and quarterly planning processes to deliver on those metrics and business goals, forming the connecting tissue between the financial plan and the product KPIs. Owning business and international growth strategies, as well as optimize pricing strategies.
- Build the Sales Performance, Analytics and Insights function at Volt
- Own Sales & Finance business KPI dashboards and reporting, by optimising business performance through metrics analysis.
- Support pricing strategies and actively optimize results
- Support the yearly strategic planning and OKR process
- Own MBR and Board deck creation and validation
- Self-Starter and ability to drive and manage activities and projects on your own
- Experience with strategic planning and OKR process
- Excellent data analysis and business modelling knowledge and experience.
- Advanced Excel skills. Looker experience is a plus
- Experience in a similar role within a Fintech or startup
- Good understanding of KPIs related to Sales Performance
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Adyen, Paypal and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big
- We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in
- We have introduced some fantastic benefits such as enhanced parental leave, wellness Friday's away from the laptop, private healthcare, pension, hybrid working and office lunches on Volt!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Great flexible working, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two way communication.