Who we are
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking had the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As Business Development Director, you’ll play a critical role in our goal by establishing relevant connections that lead to new business. You’ll be rewarded accordingly for the results you achieve. If you have a passion for all things open banking, and love delivering against ambitious growth targets, then we’d love you to join us on our journey.
- Engage with existing industry networks, identify opportunities through existing relationships and your assigned vertical
- Work with leaders of the commercial team to develop an aligned growth strategy aimed at meeting targets
- Effectively manage sales pipeline and forecasting, maintaining an accurate record of activity through our CRM system
- Work across the business in order to drive new clients through the sales process to close
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with your prospects by deeply understanding their business, their needs and their challenges to ensure Volt is the right product for them
- You will conduct research into new markets and make recommendations to the business
- Continue to be the go-to subject matter expert in your vertical market by keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends
- You will have a thirst for learning - always learning new skills, strategies, and methods that will help you meet and exceed your goals
- Successfully deliver client presentations and demos on our market-leading open banking product
- Negotiate pricing and close contracts with new customers
- Become a subject matter expert on open banking and Volt’s products
- Monitor Volt competitors and their capabilities and position our offering in the best way
- Make use of benchmarks, insights and Volt testimonials from merchants and partners to highlight the value of Volt and support the sales process
- You will provide feedback and insights that could be helpful in Volt’s product and strategic marketing roadmap
Specific skills we’re looking for
- Proven market expert with associated sector merchants
- A desire to improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- Great communication skills are essential to ensure full understanding of clients’ needs, wants and pain points to build strong relationships
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently and meet deadlines
We want someone who…
- Has 2+ years of experience selling merchant services/payment products
- Has strong B2B sales in financial services
- Has Salesforce working knowledge (desirable)
- Is comfortable working remotely
- Is open to travel as business requires (up to 30%-50%)
- Is enthusiastic and highly motivated with the ability to work well with others
- Can adapt to new tools
- Has a fascination for startups, fintech and/or financial services
- Is a restless self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Is a good active listener
- Is a good verbal communicator - no hiding behind emails!
- Is keen to learn, grow and keen to begin their career in a fast-growing startup
- Isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty - 360-degree sales approach
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Adyen, Klarna and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big
- We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Great flexible working, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two way communication.