Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
💥Your mission as a Senior Product Designer is to help Vita Mojo design and ship solutions to our clients and their customers by creating impactful interfaces for our consumer digital ordering platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to apply both highly polished interaction details and visual principles to craft useful and delightful designs across mobile, tablet and desktop platforms. You’ll also get to act as a steward of our in-house design system. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves design details and systems, while also having a stake in the overall design strategy for consumer products to help us understand and plan for products that solve customer problems and drive market impact.
Working in a startup means that things often change and we adapt to the growing and changing needs of the business. We expect the below to be the bulk of the role, but this may change over time depending on your own development needs, aspirations and the makeup of the team.
Reporting to the Head of Design (Hi I’m Nick 👋), your day-to-day as a Senior Product Designer will largely cover the following areas:
- Partner closely with product managers, a researcher and developers to correctly scope and plan design tasks
- Understand the underlying motivations for our clients and customers and work around constraints to create and ship interfaces that are functional, beautiful and delight our customers
- Design holistic interaction flows and component behaviours rather than individual screens
- Choose the right design techniques and apply fundamental principles of good UI design
- Drive improvements to our product's overall visual design and offer support to other teams and their tools, such as presentations, the website and marketing materials
- Own, manage and evolve our in-house design system and improve the overall process and tooling of this discipline
- Commit improvements directly with engineers in an ad hoc way as discovered and evaluate your work by what's shipped, not what's in the design file
- Create basic prototypes to support research sessions as well as more detailed prototypes which explore the core behaviours of components through micro interactions and motion
- Have an understanding of web and native technologies as they relate to design-developer handover processes, as well as basic JSON & CSS coding experience
- Previous Experience - Growing responsibility and autonomy within a design team at a software business, where the product is critical to the day to day of both clients and customers.
- Empathy - you’re always wondering about the why behind what people say and how they behave, even when it’s not your style, you constantly seek and gain insight into other people’s experiences.
- Problem solving - you’re mostly autonomous and comfortable leading design projects, helping teams to diverge and converge quickly and effectively through a human-centred design process towards successful outcomes.
- Collaborative - you’re eager to listen and take input from others as to the way things should be and then work with the product team on how best to refine, hone and execute on ideas.
- Strategic - you strive to deeply understand our target clients and know who’s using our products, their jobs, tasks, use cases and goals. You proactively seek new and deeper insights about customers to understand their needs and enable decision making with increased confidence.
- Leadership & Accountability - you take ownership of your work and are generous with your time and feedback, looking for ways to manage-up by adjusting how you work with stakeholders.
- Efficiency & Progress - you prioritise what’s most important by staying focused on goals rather than tasks. You can be proactive without waiting for direction from others, working autonomously but knowing when to ask for help.
- Growth Mindset - you consistently seek out opportunities to improve, applying lessons and inspiration from the success of others. You are resilient when faced with setbacks, eager to learn and make new mistakes.
👍At Vita Mojo we value a Growth Mindset. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
👍You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Work perks and benefits
🏆 We pride ourselves on our fantastic open, honest, inclusive culture that we have built, and continue to build. 🏗️
As a testament to this, Vita Mojo has secured a place as the UK’s Number 1 startup to work for by Tempo.
Our approach. We work on a hybrid model which means that once a week teams come into the office for an optional team collaboration day, and the other four days are spent working from home (or hot-desking in the office if that’s your jam!).
💪 We’re proud of the flexibility that we offer our Mojis (check us out on Flexa’s Global Top 100 companies!) and want to promote a positive work/life alignment. A one-size-fits-all approach won’t work for every Moji and team, and we encourage you to have conversations with your line manager and team to understand your work preferences and team needs.
The aim is to ensure that Mojis are able to maximise their potential, build trust with their teams, establish an effective work/life alignment and also meet the needs of our growing business! 🚀
💻 Your tech kit. We want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
🏡 Work from home kit. When you join we’ll work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
🕰️ Your hours. Where possible, you set your own hours to get the work done in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like; if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life.
🌵 Your work environment. Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
🍑 Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office and we’re never without snacks!
💳 Your budget. You have a monthly £80 wellbeing and lifestyle allowance available through your own personal wallet. Spend it on anything (within reason!) that will help improve your life.
💗 Your development. We have found that Mojis who thrive at Vita Mojo embrace a growth mindset and are proactive about their development, find ways to contribute and grow in non-linear (and linear!) ways. We offer a £600 L&D budget to support you in that development and to gain the skills, knowledge and relationships you need to soar, whether at Vita Mojo or later on in your development journey.
🧠 Your mental health. Through our partnership with Spill, you can ask a therapist for advice, schedule a one-off therapy session, or use a series of therapy sessions. We also offer Mental Health Days to use in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to refocus your energies. Personal coaching is available to all Mojis through our partnership with MoreHappi, to help you grow and reach your goals!
🌴 Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and want you to take advantage of your 25 days of leave, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
💚 Carer’s Leave. We understand life happens and you may need to take some time to support your loved ones. Whether that be looking after your sick dog, friends or family members. We offer one week (5 days) paid leave to all Mojis.
🐣 Welcoming a child into your life. We have enhanced Parental leave policies! Parental leave is offered to all Mojis after 3 months at the company. Parental leave is the collective term and includes maternity, paternity, adoption leave and surrogacy. Our leave policy is meant to help you navigate through this time as successfully as possible.
We recognise both the primary caregiver (the person who spends most time with the child) and the secondary (typically this is the non-birthing parent). Primary caregivers receive full pay for the first 16 weeks and 50% pay up to week 32. But need more time off? No problem, you can take up to 52 weeks (statutory) with us!
Secondary caregivers receive full pay for the first 4 weeks and an additional 2 weeks after 36 months of continuous service. It's up to you when you start your leave, we are here to support you through the whole process.
🤒 Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
🥳 Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
🍾 Your social spirit. We love socialising with our fellow Mojis, whether through monthly drinks in the office, quarterly offsite socials (both virtual and in person), celebrating milestones, or anything else that comes up, we enjoy hanging out with each other!
🐶 Dog friendly. We love our furry friends who visit the office! Calling all responsible pet owners to join us! 😊
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Vita Mojo provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Vita Mojo is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Vita Mojo
Gender diversity (male:female)
London Office Locations
What employees are saying
"Flexible working is part of the culture at Vita Mojo. I have a very good WFH setup and the team have always done whatever they can to help me achieve this. The blended approach where we have one (encouraged but not mandatory) team day for collaboration in the office, and then are allowed to make our own decisions about how or where to work on the other days seems to be working really well. For a company of our size – that is growing very quickly – I feel like we have a very good setup. In one of my previous answers, I indicated that work-life balance is okay, but varies. This is largely due to choice, as we're very much encouraged to take time away from work, to be mindful of our workload, capacity and the impact on our mental wellbeing."
Anonymous Vita Mojo Employee