The Automation Developer and Tester is accountable for developing Automation solutions for VMO2 business functions. Predominantly the Automations will be developed using RPA toolsets, but also utilising other industry standard automation toolsets such as BPM, OCR and IVA. You will work with business stakeholders to review solution designs, define and execute test cases to verify requirements have been met.
You will be a self-motivated proactive individual who can contribute to the successful delivery of testing automation projects.
The Automation Developer and Tester is a key member of the Automation development and test factory and critical to the success of agreed business benefit profiles.
The Automation Developer and Tester will be a strong team player who is able to support wider team activities such as mentoring and technical support as well as educating other Automation team members on development toolset techniques and optimisation methodologies.
The team is responsible for delivering Process Automations on behalf of the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring:
- Each opportunity will have their own unique test process, outlined within the Master Test Plan and should be signed off by business stakeholders
- Able to identify issues as early as possible in the delivery cycle (referred to as shift left).
- Static testing with End Users/SMEs – validate key parameters/input fields/folder locations
- Involvement in sprint planning – highlighting any potential blockers/issues, so they can be accounted for and resolved
- Able to implement Show & Tells with key stakeholders – End Users/SMEs/Application Owners after each sprint
- Testing criteria defined and entered in Jira
- Test Exit Reports are generated for all quality gates (Dev, Test, UAT, NFT and PIT)
- Coordination of testing is performed for PIT, alongside development and support teams
- Design and implement Automation processes utilising specified toolsets prescribed by the Automation team
- Co-ordinating and conducting deep dive sessions on existing automations as required to support process improvement
- To understand any updates required to ensure correct coding for the system version of BluePrism that is currently live
- A delivery focused mind-set with an ability to identify and balance the most efficient route to delivery with the maximum benefit to VMO2
- Ensure responsibility taken for completion within agreed timescales
- Ensuring the PDD has been validated and updated by the Automation candidate factory process SMEs to reflect any assumptions or additional details on the process workflow
- Creating the SDD to document automated solution design for sign off by the VMO2 business
- Ensure development and testing effort (estimating) for each of the use cases for the automation candidate is complete
- Develop business process automations using BluePrism RPA & Microsoft Power Platform or any other toolset prescribed by the VMO2 Automation team
- Ensure alignment of all development solutions, to development and security best practice guidelines
- Ensure development practices align to the Automation team Ways of Working which is predominantly an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Builds and maintains the Automation Minimal Viable Product along with the Automation Scrum Master, throughout the development lifecycle
- Ensures all development use-cases and defects are crafted in the Automation Jira repository
- Review and understand solution designs for RPA processes
- Work with Product Owners and developers to agree test cases and their acceptance criteria
- Generate end to end test scenarios to cover solution requirements, and discuss these with senior stakeholders for their approval
- Request test data sets to cover the pre-agreed test scenarios and handle this data to ensure it is still viable/usable at point of testing
- Complete the testing of newly developed solutions (Digital Workers), to ensure high quality has been provided
- Identify defects within the solution and prioritise these, ensuring development team have raised in Jira and track through to closure
- Work within an agile framework within sprints
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders including release managers, test leads, and other suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to Automation Support team with any monitoring/performance of processes in production
- Ensures non-functional requirements are collated for each of the Automations and developed for the business so the solutions are fit for purpose for day one and also caters for scale
Who we are The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer, and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Proven experience in Scrum development methodology
- BluePrism development – Extensive experience
- Power Platform development – preference for solid experience + desirable to have PL400 or PL500 certification
- Good communications skills and ability to articulate the impact of defects to non-technical stakeholders
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices
The other stuff we're looking for
The other stuff we are looking for We'd also love you to bring;
- Familiar with using Jira/Monday.com
- Strong understanding of testing methodology for automated processes
- Familiar with using APIs and how to setup request bodies
- UX development - preference 1 year experience
- Reporting and Analytics with Power BI - preference 1 year experience
What's in it for you Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
Next steps If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include Communication from the recruiter - Samantha Lee
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
LI - SL1
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading