Title: Application Architect
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Birmingham, UK or Remote-First (UK)
We are looking for an Application Architect with expertise in designing and developing enterprise-level cloud-native applications to join us at Vault Data.
The ideal candidate will be someone passionate about designing scalable, robust, maintainable and secure systems utilising modern software architectural patterns and infrastructure.
As an Application Architect, you will contribute to defining and designing our applications and systems architecture for cloud-native applications.
You will be a key member of our Architecture Team and collaborate with other architects to ensure integration across our broad product ecosystem. You will contribute to the design and development of our cloud-native applications and build frameworks and back-end services while accounting for performance, scalability, maintainability, and security.
You will work within a broader tech stack that includes C#, .NET, Flutter, Python, Microsft Azure, Google Firebase, APIs, and Event-Driven Architecture. You will contribute to identifying and evaluating potential technologies, frameworks, and tools to drive efficiencies across DevOps, DataOps, DesignOps, SecOps, MLOps, TestOps, etc.
The requirements listed are for guidelines only. You do not have to satisfy all of the conditions listed. If your skills are transferable, we encourage you to apply. Applying presents an opportunity for you to be considered.
- Expertise in modern Application Architecture Patterns, Design Patterns and Software Engineering concepts.
- Experience designing and developing the application and system architecture, ensuring performance, scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Expertise in designing and developing Cloud-Native Applications utilising C#, .NET, RESTful API, and Event-Driven Architecture for Microsoft Azure and Google Firebase.
- Experience incorporating and integrating Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML) components within Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Code Security utilising Authentication, Authorisation, Encryption, etc.
- Familiarity with containerisation and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Databricks, Kafka, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with engineering components and teams utilising Python and Flutter.
- Hands-on experience as a Sofware Developer
- Minimum of three years experience as an Application Architect.
At Vault Data, we are putting the power of data into the hands of the individual to rebalance the world of data, giving control back to people whilst they benefit from the profit.
Established in 2022 in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, we are a driven and inclusive team co to making Vault Data the number one data governance company in the UK by 2024.
To get us there, the team has been researching market research, technology and innovation, AI learning and advertising to ensure Vault Data will deliver to the customer and any business/brands utilising our services. Our journey moving forward is to develop our software and service offerings for a soft launch in September 2023.
Vault Data has made pledges to be socially and environmentally aware by registering to become a B-Corp, along with commitments to register with other accredited businesses that provide a safe working environment and certifications in ethical business practices.
Keep posted with the journey at Vault Data, as this exciting adventure will continue to make waves within the growth of the business.
Our Employee Benefits
- Annual Leave - 25 Days (+ Bank Holidays)
- Birthday Holiday - 1 Day
- Flexible Working - Distributed, Remote, Work From Anywhere (WFA)
- Compressed Hours \ 4.5 Days Work Week
- Access to a Mental Health Platform
- Access to Financial Wellbeing Coach \ Platform
- Learning Budget 📖 🙇♀️ 🙇🏾♂️
- Work From Home Equipment Budget 👩💻 🏡 🛋
- Life Insurance
- Private Health \ Dental Plan 🏥 🦷
- Standing \ Seating Desks at the Head Office 🧍🏽🧍🏿♀️⎍
- Regular Team Activities 🍱 🥙 🥗
- Quarterly Team Events 🎤 🎭🏌🏼♂️🏁
- Holiday Rollover, Sell and Buy option up to 30 Days (But we encourage you to take frequent breaks from work-life)
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave 🐣 🐥 🍼
- Pregnancy Loss Leave
- Cycle To Work Scheme 🚲
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme (Tech 💻📱, Electric Car ⚡️🚗 , Gym 🏋🏿♂️🏋️♀️, etc.)
- Flexible Employee Benefits (aka Benefits Card)
How We Hire
At Vault Data, we are passionate about creating an open, inclusive, diverse and transparent environment for everyone. We are proud of our recruitment workflow and will ensure all candidates are treated fairly, equally, and without biases during their journey with us. Additionally, all our job adverts are gender-neutral, and we also have a gender-neutral recruitment panel.
Our interview process is either a 2 or 3-stage process (it is very rarely 3), and we even give candidates the option to choose how they would like to be assessed for technical interviews, as we understand people work differently from each other 🙂.
We prefer a technical discussion, a pair programming session, a design review, or a debate on agile anti-patterns, but if you prefer a take-home assessment instead, we have platforms that are easy to use. We don't expect you to spend more than 30 - 45 minutes of your valuable time taking the assessment!
Regardless of the outcome, we aim to give every candidate feedback and encourage candidates to provide us with one too!
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate and embrace diversity. We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities to our existing employees and those considering joining us, and we believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make us successful.
We have a range of employees who are unique to themselves (neurodiversity, gender, ethnicity, and more), but we aim to be better. We welcome and encourage diverse applicants and will always listen and adapt to the needs of the individual.
Therefore, you are encouraged to apply regardless of your background, gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, race, disability, social status, etc. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of any protected characteristics from the Equality Act (2010).
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. See, Check if you need a UK visa.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Vault Data provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Vault Data is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Vault Data
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I think Vault is a brilliant place to work with an excellent culture. we at Vault pride ourselves to ensure everyone has a good work life balance and making sure workload and job flexibility work for each individual
Vault Data Employee