Location: Fully Remote, UK / Europe
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent, 40 hour week
Interviews: Max 3 stages totalling around 3.5 hours and one stage will be a role play or technical task
Reports to: Head of sales
Salary: We have benchmarked a base salary in the region of £28k-£38k, dependant upon experience and have a competitive commission structure in place that recognises your experience and potential
Why join us? 👋
If you love technology and also staying on top of the news that matters, you’ll love life at Vable. We are a profitable SaaS business servicing the needs of international law firms and government departments, mostly in the USA and UK. We’re on a mission to help our clients become as efficient as possible when it comes to managing huge volumes of information - so that lawyers and business leaders can stay on top of the news that matters, and as a result make faster and better decisions.
Our enterprise news aggregation and alerting platform is used by over 50 global law firms. We are passionate about what we do - particularly, our Sales department. This is where you come in.
At Vable, we recognise that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to find and qualify potential customers who can benefit from our products and services.
We would love to hear from you if you have the essential criteria below: 📬
- You have at least 1 year experience as a B2B SDR in a SaaS business
- Experience in complex sales
- Experience using a CRM (Hubspot preferred)
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and have strong presentation skills
Why this role may excite you: 🎊
- We are a globally dispersed team of Vablers - currently a team of 22 and growing - 50% in engineering and 50% across Sales / Marketing / Customer Success / Operations.
- We are a fully remote and a close-knit team. Communicating and checking in is our thing. Our CEO Matthew is based in Germany, our Head of Customer Success Emily is in Atlanta (USA), our Head of People & Culture Sarah is in Northern Ireland and our Sales Executive Diana is in Dublin. See we are dispersed! Most of our Vablers work throughout Europe.
- As the first SDR to join the team, you will have the opportunity to experience fast growth and to make a considerable impact in the team.
- Our primary target audience consists of large to medium sized law firms in the USA and UK
- We are profitable and have a proven business with an established client base of global law firms and professional organisations
- We are moving into rapid growth phase, funded from existing revenue streams and you get to play a big part in this
- We are a small team, with a vibrant startup culture
- This is a great opportunity for someone who truly likes sales and working within a small successful team
This is a great opportunity for you if you want to:
🤸♂️Have a great amount of trust and autonomy given to you from day one
🌟 Have an established product that has proven success
💚 Join a great team, Diana being your manager and the wider Vable team
🎢 Join a company looking to scale and who understands People are their greatest asset and culture is foremost
🌍 Be part of a remote and global team
The day-to-day job: 👩💻
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis.
- Conduct research to identify new leads and target accounts
- Engage prospects by email, Linkedin and zoom to generate interest in Vable’s products and services
- Qualify leads and prospects by identifying and documenting specific needs relative to Vable's product offering
- Develop new business opportunities by securing initial meetings for our Sales Executive with qualified decision makers
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments through web research (trade journals, newsletters, blogs, etc.), trade-shows, webinars, and educational meetings
- Use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track progress, schedule activities, and document relevant information on prospective customers
- You will develop a deep knowledge of the Vable software
About you: 👀
As a successful Sales Development Representative we know you will be an excellent communicator and listener, and will be confident, competitive, and motivated to continue that success. We will also be looking for the following:
- You will have a sense of coachability and can work independently to apply self-coaching
- Have empathy and an understanding of different buyer personas
- You are adaptable and have a drive for curiosity and creativity
- You have an excellent work ethic and know success is a whole company effort
- You are able to work effectively within a decentralised team
- You have passion in what you do and know how to make others feel excited about our product 😊
To be successful in this role, your values matter just as much as your skills. Does this sound like you? ✨
- Determination = you love to overcome obstacles
- Honesty = when dealing with the team and customers
- Respectfulness = you love being part of a team, and are respectful when you engage in conversations
- Creativity = you love to find solutions to complex problems and are cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience
Why work for Vable? 🌱
- We are characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value the contributions each of our team members make and reward them
- We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp and up to date
- We love and encourage creativity
- We embrace people who have different opinions, perspectives and personalities and concentrate on the Cultural Add
- We provide comprehensive healthcare cover, dependant on your type of contract
- We offer flexible working to include being a fully remote company and enhanced maternity leave
- Get a MacBook, monitor and other required technical equipment when you join
- 25 days of paid leave a year plus statutory holidays, which are based on where you live
- We like our virtual socials and really do like to get to know everyone
- And last but not least, our clients love us!
Ready to apply? 💌
- Great! Send us a CV and complete the application by Thursday 24th November. All applicants are screened by Sarah, our Head or People and Culture and may be called for an interview throughout anytime of the open role. If we think there might be a fit, an intro call will be set up, or we will let you know that we won’t be proceeding.
Interview Process 🖊️
- Intro Call: You will meet Sarah first on a 30 minute zoom call; you don't need to prepare anything in advance. The idea is to see if it's a good option for both Vable and you. It’s time to discuss your background a little more and for Sarah to answer any questions about the role, team, company or culture.
- Interview: If after the intro call, we’re both excited to proceed, you will be invited to a second stage interview with Matthhew; CEO and Diana; Sales Executive. This interview will cover your experience, behaviours and personal traits. It should take no longer than 1 hour.
- Final Interview: Will be with Sarah, Head of People and Culture and another applicable manager. This will include the role play or technical task and will be a chance for you to learn more about our company, culture and team and a chance for us to delve deeper into any areas of your background not yet discovered. This will take no longer than 1 hour and this is the final stage. For most candidates we expect the whole process to be no longer than 3-4 weeks.
🎥 We record all of our interviews, with your permission. It makes it easier as we are globally distributed and various members of the interview panel can rewatch and give you their full attention without having to take notes.
Vable is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Vable provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Vable is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Vable
Gender diversity (male:female)
Fully Remote and Global
What employees are saying
It's honestly a great company to work for, and there's always been a complete understanding that we all have lives to balance with work. We're trusted to do the job we've been hired to do, so are never micromanaged. It's not a big deal if you have an appointment, would rather finish or start at a different time, need to deal with the kids during the day, want to take annual leave or want to work remote or in an office environment. As long as your work gets done (which is expected to be achievable within normal working hours per week, no overtime expected) then do it whatever way suits you best!