3–4 days per week at home
If you're not familiar with V7, here's what we do: https://youtu.be/iBpgSQk5Qyg
Voted by Forbes as one of the top 25 machine learning startups of 2021. V7's mission is to enable any business to create and leverage vision AI and solve any visual task. We're a heavily UX-driven product and aim to change the way software is developed through the use of deep learning.
Most of the world's growth and sustainability depends on tasks involving visual understanding, from the detection of disease, to preserving natural habitats, to the manufacturing revolutions that pull communities out of poverty. We are a platform to develop customized AI combining automated image annotation, dataset management, and model training to create an almost magical end-to-end experience in bringing autonomous intelligence to life through learnable human actions.
We are a venture-backed team harnessing and curating the ML-ops of some of the world's most ambitious tech companies and AI startups. What sets us apart is our team's obsession with pushing our product to where AI will be three years from today. The product sells itself to the right user, but that can only be sustained for as long as every interaction within it is delightfully designed and implemented.
As a UI/UX Designer at V7, you will design and test highly interactive features that turn the development of AI into a magical, almost gamified experience. For example, check out our Auto-Annotate tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvihDSAY4TQ). Your work will be used by tens of thousands of users daily to produce hundreds of AI products. UX is a crucial element of our product and our team will be very discerning in the selection of the right Product Designer.
The ideal candidate has a history of keeping up with UI and interaction trends, and cares about developing a deep understanding of the product and its usability. Product features are our n1 priority at V7, as good products sell themselves, We are looking for someone who thinks about features macroscopically, across breakpoints and window stages, and user personas, and who understands the performance constraints of modern applications.
Here's some examples of the features you will design:
- A dynamic visual workflow to stream data in between tasks.
- A tool to deploy snippets of code into an image in order to transform its annotations.
- A tool to automatically detect objects and classify them.
- A system to re-shape the front-end of our workview to assist with domain specific tasks, such as viewing medical images or paper documents.
- Windows to import and export data that assists the user with format incompatibilities, progress, and conflicts that may emerge.
- Previous experience in designing highly interactive software.
- Previous experience owning or partly owning the feature roadmap of a product in a tech startup.
- Experience with the state of the art in UI design and interaction design.
- An understanding of web front-end development and its limitations.
- A strong portfolio of UX design projects or product design.
- A curious, scientific mind
- Fluency in English
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off.
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, ...) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times.
- Yearly 4-day company retreats in stunning locations (subject to safety)
- Central office in front of Victoria Station with standing desks & 4K monitors.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Stock options