3–4 days per week at home
V7 is an AI data platform to automate any visual task, voted by Forbes as one of the top 25 machine learning startups of 2021. We have raised $10 million in venture funding and are backed by the field of AI's greatest leaders, including the creator of Elixir (our BE language).
We manage the training data and models of hundreds of AI companies and enterprises. What sets us apart is our team's obsession with pushing our product to where AI will be three years from today.
If you're not familiar with V7, here's what we do: https://youtu.be/iBpgSQk5Qyg
About the role:
The Senior Manual QA Engineer is an integral part of the team at V7. This candidate will be responsible for contributing to QA processes and strategy within the team. The role will report to the QA Lead and work closely with Software Engineers, the Product Owner and Project Manager to keep pushing the quality of our products and features so that they are robust and scalable. The candidate should have good knowledge and awareness of industry trends, and be a confident, hands on, manual tester.
- Take ownership for Manual QA using past experiences and knowledge to help guide the team.
- Contribute to the overriding strategy and direction for QA at V7.
- Not only find bugs, but investigate why they are happening.
- Collaborate with the team on best test practices and methodologies.
- Help the team to improve through mentoring. Working in an agile environment, supporting a regular release cycle
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure quality is maintained throughout the whole software development lifecycle
- Ensure the right level of test coverage for the product including functional and non-functional tests.
- Liaise with representatives from other teams where applications have an element of integration or share components.
- Identify gaps in testing and propose suggestions.
- Develop and execute test cases and scripts for manual tests.
- Setup and drive exploratory testing sessions.
- Become a trusted adviser within the team on QA matters, with a strong evidence-based case for why a release is ready to ship.
- Experience with testing responsive web applications
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Experience in mentorship of more junior team members
- Working in fast-paced Agile team and environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with Git and Git branching methodologies
- Experience with bug reporting tools
- Strong teamwork ethic and communication skills
- ISTQB® is a plus
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, [...]) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times
- Yearly 4-day company retreats in stunning locations
- Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts every day
- Ability to work remotely