Salary range: £60,000 - £100,000
V7 is an online platform for the annotation, training, and deployment of deep neural networks for image recognition. Its goal is to fundamentally change the way AI is developed and make it drastically easier to give the sense of sight to cameras, machines, or robots. Within this role you will be developing a platform to easily train and deploy vision AI from a highly interactive web interface.
Here's a bit more on our culture: https://www.v7labs.com/working-at-v7
As Design System Engineer at V7, you will develop and test highly interactive features that turn the development of AI into a magical, almost gamified experience. For example, check out our Auto-Annotate tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvihDSAY4TQ). Your work will be used by tens of thousands of users daily to produce hundreds of AI products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, test, and deploy new components to V7’s Design system library. Ensure UI components developed are scalable, performant and accessible
- Collaborate with product designers during new and existing component builds
- Maintain a strong awareness of accessibility standards and how to test components against best practices (i.e. WCAG)
- Develop tooling and resources that make using the design system an outstanding experience for consuming teams e.g. maintaining Storybook
- Provide day-to-day support for the design system component library, fielding questions on component usage and investigating and resolving component bugs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Be an advocate for our design system and best practices.
- Passionate about Design Systems and solving complex UI problems, and have a great sense for identifying design/interface patterns
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure consistency across designs
- Familiar with Storybook or similar platform
- Interest in improving end-user experience and developer experience
Any experience with the following is extremely beneficial:
- Experience working with Figma
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off.
- Fully remote work (across EU timezones). If you prefer the office, we have a Central London HQ in Old Street with standing desks & 4K monitors. Work how you want!
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, ...) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times.
- Yearly 4-day company retreats in stunning locations
- Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options V7 provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure V7 is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at V7
Gender diversity (male:female)
$10million Seed stage