3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 180 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior User Researcher.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior User Researcher
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior User Researcher to join our growing Product Design team in London. As a User Researcher at Unmind, you’ll lead some of our most exciting, major research projects, connecting directly with our clients, users and internal teams to help us better understand the needs and wants of our audience. You’ll be responsible for planning, moderating and synthesising quantitative and qualitative studies and partnering closely with cross-discipline product leaders to build user-centred visions and strategies - enabling us to deliver on our mission to improve mental wellbeing of millions of people in organisations around the world!
You’ll be joining at a really exciting time for Unmind. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and evolve our product suite for Organisations (B2B alongside our Personal mental health and wellbeing app (B2B2C)), helping businesses across the world to drive positive cultural change to create a flourishing environment for their employees.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Partner - Partner with Product Leaders, Marketing, Sales and Client Success to harness direct client insights across channels, further evolve our knowledge base and drive product innovation.
- Collaborate - Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of product designers, product managers, software engineers and data analysts to help deliver delightful, valuable product experiences for our clients and end-users
- Own - Own the tools, practices and methods you use to conduct diverse and impactful user research and bring these insights into product strategy discussions
- Support - Mentor and guide Product Designers and Product Managers to run their own iterative research
- Present - Present key insights with confidence and energy to the wider team and conduct inspiring, insight-driven workshops to spark ideas and innovation
- Champion - Advocate user research at an organisational level, showcasing the the power of qualitative and quantitative insight and taking a proactive approach to stay connected with key stakeholders across the business.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in a user research role with inspiring stories of how research insight has driven product innovation
- Experience facilitating both qualitative and quantitative user research independently and turning insights into innovative, measured product improvements
- A passion for creating exceptional experiences that connect on an emotional level with our users and help people to improve their mental wellbeing
- Experience working in cross-discipline product teams focussed on measurable end-user value
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving market championing ambiguity and excited to build a user-centred vision
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace