3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Payroll & Benefits Manager.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Payroll & Benefits Manager
We are looking for a Senior Payroll & Benefits Manager who will be responsible for the administration and continued evolution of our Global payroll and benefits practices (UK, USA, Australia). Not only will you have the very important role of ensuring all Unminders are paid accurately and on time, but you’ll also lead our compensation review process to ensure we continue to pay fairly and competitively.
Reporting to our Director of People & Talent, you will be our first hire in the Reward function and get to build these processes from scratch. This means you’ll be our payroll, tax and benefits expert who will maintain the integrity, security and compliance of our processes and data, whilst partnering closely with our Finance team.
Finally, we’re pretty proud of our benefits offering at Unmind but we don’t want to stop there - you’ll be responsible for engaging and educating Unminders about our benefits as well as helping us evolve our reward package.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own the end-to-end payroll process for our global offices (UK, USA, Australia) including liaising with third parties, answering employee queries and any reporting, audit and analysis
- Administrate our benefit offering through onboarding, off-boarding and annual renewals (including pension & share options)
- Lead on the compensation review process; providing competitive benchmarking analysis to inform our salary bandings
- Advise and guide on any questions relating to pay, tax, national insurance, pension and other voluntary deductions. This involves interpreting legislation and regulations in each of our locations
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve all reward and benefit-related activities, regularly scanning the market for trends or bringing fresh ideas.
- Educate, through training and internal comms, on how to sign-up and get the most out of our rewards package
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who are:
- Experts in global payroll management and benefits administration (equity would be an advantage) and have extensive demonstrable experience building processes from scratch
- CIPP qualified (level 3) or equivalent experience
- Able to demonstrate strong business & financial acumen: the ability to apply understanding of the business and financial context and partner with multiple functions
- Passionate about data accuracy, security and analysis
- Looking to operate with a process improvement mindset and a customer-oriented approach.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace