3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Data Engineer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Data Engineer
You will be our first ever Data Engineer to join our growing data team based in London, whose core mission is to provide actionable insights from our interesting users’ data that will help drive product and business decisions as we strive to build the best version of Unmind.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute to this mission by driving the build of a scalable data platform to support impactful data products and enable data analysts as well as key stakeholders to access a variety of business and platform insights for critical decision making.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead the charge building out the data engineering function at Unmind. You will sit within our data team, report directly into our Head of Data and collaborate closely with our Software and Systems Engineers.
Things you'll do in this role
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
Build - You will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to build out a high-scale data platform, setup monitoring and testing for data credibility and accuracy, as well as integrating data from third party services.
Own - You will own the maintenance, optimisation, and extension of our data architecture in the back-end, ensuring ingestion, integration, and monitoring of our data flow is efficient, credible, and aligned with our data security and ethics.
Drive - As our first data engineer, you will drive technical discussions and decision-making to ensure that Unmind uses the most appropriate technologies and tools for the job.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, the following experience and skills are important for the role.
- Very good knowledge of working in AWS for processing and managing data (AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda).
- Skills in the following programming languages or frameworks: SQL, Python, Postgres, Git, and CI/CD Pipelines.
- Experience with integrating third-party data sources using tools like Stitch, Fivetran, etc.
- Strong data wrangling skills (e.g. transformations, merging, cleaning, enriching, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring data quality, job execution times, job success/failure and remediation as well as query performance
- Ability to understand & translate business requirements into data transformation steps
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace