3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 200 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Science Writer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Science Writer
In this role, you’ll get to:
TRANSLATE: Ensure our formal study findings are translated into layman’s terms and showcased widely, helping users, clients, prospects and our wider ecosystem understand their implications.
EMPOWER: Equip our commercial team to talk to clients and prospects about the science behind Unmind, ensuring they have the right language, and access to strong collateral to facilitate productive conversations.
UNCOVER: Conduct high quality literature reviews for internal use, helping us answer pertinent questions to inform our content and product development.
INSPIRE: Write thought leading articles, blogs and white papers to help position Unmind as subject matter experts.
OWN: Own the Science section of our B2B website, ensuring it’s up to date, informative and engaging.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- MSc in health related field (PhD is desirable but not essential)
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing, synthesising, and communicating scientific information to a broad range of audiences in an engaging manner, evidenced by a portfolio of publications
- Highly skilled at conducting literature reviews, both to answer specific research questions, and on an exploratory basis
- Ability to edit and proof others’ work, and to adapt the tone of voice of one’s own approach
- Ability to grasp ideas quickly and explain them simply
- Knowledge on workplace mental health is a bonus, but not essential, and there will be plenty of scope for learning on the job
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
We believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here: tinyurl.com/bd8xsnrj