3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
London (Hybrid, up to 4 days a week at home/remote) or fully remote UK
Salary Range: Day rate
Interim/Contract 3-6 months
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with over 600 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
Our people, “Buddies”, are at the heart of everything we do. Their growth and success are central to achieving our mission of empowering 10 million students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey.
Our Buddies overwhelmingly say their co-workers are the number one reason why they love working at Unibuddy. Our culture is a key driver of our growth and success. As Senior People Partner, you will be tasked with scaling that cultural DNA in the UK, India and APAC, enabling us to grow even faster because Buddies feel inspired and empowered working at Unibuddy.
Your mission is to work with VP People, the wider People & Talent teams, and strategically partner with business leaders in your areas to enable teams to achieve their goals.
- Partner with managers to guide and support them on managing, recognising, developing and growing their teams (engineering, operations, product, sales, customer success, marketing).
- Coach and develop managers to become confident and self-sufficient in first-line HR matters.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and People Operations to help shape best practices.
- On an ongoing and cyclical basis: support, coach and guide areas of:
- Performance management
- Workforce planning: organisation design and talent reviews
- Applying diverse and inclusive people-focussed solutions.
- Use data to develop, share insight and recommend solutions to improve.
- Be a cultural ambassador, championing our values and ensuring they’re part of everything we do.
This might be for you if
- You have recent experience in a generalist HR Business Partner or Senior People Partner role.
- You have a strategic mindset and demonstrated success in partnering with teams to help them achieve their business goals.
- You have been a People Partner at a scaling company.
- You’re an advisor, coach, and mentor on a full remit of various employee relations.
- You use your expertise to help solve issues, creating and maintaining positive relationships between employers and employees.
- You have a breadth of HR experience and are hands-on in performance management, succession planning, L&D, benefits & payroll.
- You have knowledge of policies, compliance, and employment laws in the UK.
- You can help us continuously develop and champion a truly inclusive workplace.
We know that typically females and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they see themselves ticking every box. We believe we’re more than boxes to tick. If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role or others, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
Unibuddy is a scaling company that keeps us on our toes, we collaborate and bring ideas to solve challenges and blockers. Working together closely with our finance, legal, and IT teams, we are the operations engine of Unibuddy!
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and showcase your motivations.
Not quite ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch Yasmin, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.