Fully flexible hours
London (Hybrid or UK Fully Remote)
Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Closing date for applications: 29th July
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 600 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in:
We're looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic candidate to take ownership of our invoicing, AP, AR to help us optimise our business cash flow. This is an opportunity to drive process improvements, help automate our processes and scale for growth.
- Raising invoices, as our finance liaison with our higher-education partners and collecting money for the business.
- Process payables, partnering with our employees to get vendors paid
- Work with the wider Finance team on scaling and automating operations for growth.
- Analyse and present our AP, AR and invoicing KPIs for monthly senior management and quarterly board reporting.
This might be for you if
- You have Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable (raising invoices in Xero and chasing aged receivables),
- Extensive experience with Xero.
- Experience working on projects that improve and automate processes.
- You have an improvement mindset and provide examples of measurable/ quantifiable process efficiencies on AP, AR, and Invoicing projects.
- Can demonstrate the ability to take ownership of AP, AR, and invoicing KPIs and business metrics.
- Have good Excel analytical skills.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Have a proactive, can-do attitude with a hunger to grow.
It would be great if you could have
- AAT part/ fully qualification
- An understanding of SalesForce and other AP tools (Xero invoices, Dext - previously ReceiptBank, Pleo, Brex, Spendesk).
- Have experience dealing with multiple currencies, entities, and regions
- You thrive in the thick of it. You’re a quick learner and have the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re hungry to grow and can demonstrate the ability to have gone above and beyond your set role in the past.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
We are a diverse and dynamic team working across accounting, finance operations, and commercial finance. Working together closely with our people, legal, and IT teams, we are the operations engine of Unibuddy!
Perks and Benefits
- Salary of £30-35k.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid or UK Fully remote. Flexible hours.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas and national holidays.
- Family-friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup provided.
- Private healthcare is provided by Bupa.
- Mental health support is provided by Spill.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & development budget of £800 per year.
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
✉️ Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We will ask for references at the offer stage. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at email@example.com
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.