3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Closing date: 31/08/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in:
As the sole Analytics leader at Unibuddy, you’ll be a business leader who can accelerate growth, enabling actionable insights from data to drive decisions. You’ll need your insatiable curiosity to get under the skin of the business and drive consistent improvements, through using data.
This is an opportunity to be hands-on, building best practice analytics and drive insights through the business, with the ability also to step back to create a strategy and build capability in the business.
Commercial Growth Partner
- Partner and coach stakeholders across every department of the business to solve problems and enable our business growth.
- Identify the core metrics that accelerate each area of our business.
- Partner closely with Heads of Commercial Finance and Revenue Operations, enabling the CRO and CMO and their teams to optimise our revenue engine.
Company intelligence and KPIs
- Lead efforts to build out and leverage company intelligence to accelerate our strategic execution.
- Ensure we have the right KPIs in place to drive trajectory-changing performance against these objectives.
- Help define standards and guidelines for documentation of the data products.
Data strategy and roadmap
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights.
- Partner with our engineering team to create a data and BI strategy to align with the company mission.
- Be the driver of our data goals, partnering with engineering to own the data roadmap, milestones, priorities and objectives.
- Select the best analytic tools and implement these to deliver impactful insights to the business to drive performance.
This might be for you if…
- You have advanced experience in BI and data visualisation tools including building dashboards.
- You demonstrate excellent analytical thinking, data interpretation, and producing actionable insight.
- You have extensive knowledge of SQL.
- You have experience with data warehousing within a cloud environment.
- You have experience working with data governance, engineering and architecture.
Demonstrating excellent cross-functional influence, you…
- Are excellent communicator, who is able to flex their communication style and influence different teams (e.g. commercial and engineering).
- Are an excellent cross-functional collaborator and business partner.
- Understand business strategy and can influence strategic choices through data-based insights.
- Are a confident leader of peers and projects cross-functionally.
It would be a bonus if you could bring…
- Experience managing agile backlogs
- Experience delivering Data science products (e.g. Python)
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
This is a truly cross-functional role and you’ll collaborate with all areas of the business and our customers. With this opportunity as our first full-time hire in analytics at Unibuddy; you’ll bring best practices in this space and build out our analytical capability in the coming 12 months.
Perks and Benefits
- Salary of £75-95k plus stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid working and flexible hours.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup provided.
- Private healthcare provided by Bupa.
- Mental health support provided by Spill.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & development budget of £800 per year.
- Enhanced equipment budget. We supply you with a laptop with the highest specs to enable you to work best.
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
✉️ Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.