Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
The quality assurance engineer will work together with the QA lead and the wider product team to ensure the integrity, quality and overall performance of our software. The QA roles at Tyk are critical in ensuring that we provide high-quality software to our customers.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Daily meetings with Agile team/Squad
- Write acceptance criteria for tasks
- Monitor Definition of done criteria for tasks
- Write automated tests and increase levels of automation for your domain, seeking high levels of pipeline testing
- Work with Product Managers and engineers to shift left unit testing and prevent poor code being merged
- Create real time test status dashboards
- Input into the domain quarterly OKRs , identifiying improvements which drive us closer to continuous delivery
- Drive the release checklist process for your domain, ensuring all QA tasks and checked off to quality
- Advocate for and educate on techniques which increase first time test pass (BDD, TDD etc) and tooling / frameworks which make us faster (Venom etc)
- Advocate for QA continuous improvement and ensure these are catered for in sprint plans
- Education and familiarity with Tyk eco system and environments
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid professional experience as a QA engineer in software development
- Experience working in an Agile development, test and deploy environment.
- Strong experience in Web UI test automation
- Strong experience in API test automation
- Experience in performance testing
- Strong experience in manual testing, test organization, test execution and reporting
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools
- Previous experience as a QA Engineer working across the full tech stack
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Tyk provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Tyk is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Tyk
Gender diversity (male:female)
33% female, 67% male
London - UK, Atlanta - Georgia, Singapore, Canada
What employees are saying
"This is the first company where I really got what was promised in terms of flexibility. The leadership team does not care where I work from, so I can hop on a plane and work from a Portuguese beach if I want to. Or from a Swiss Alps resort! I get unlimited days off which allows me to focus on work, but also, focus on my family if I need to, even on short notice. If I need to take a break during the day, I just let my colleagues know and finish my tasks afterwards. It's exactly as it was advertised and it's great."
Anonymous Tyk Employee