The Role and purpose of the Data Management Engineer is to act as the AMOS Data Management liaison between Fleet Performance, Airline Technology, Data Science, and IT. Coordinating the data landscape and providing AMOS Data from the live and Replica AMOS Servers through to the point of use within reporting tools such as Tableau and or internal and external modelling applications. Either directly or via the AWS Snowflake Database.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary AMOS Competency Centre this role is responsible for providing AMOS data, and as such will require an in-depth knowledge of the use and extraction of AMOS data tables required to be imported into peripheral systems. All AMOS data transfer and manipulation is to be fully compliant with Company and regulatory policies with particular attention to the safe handling of personal data. The role is to ensure the safety and integrity of the AMOS core systems and data, and the use and audit of AMOS data in peripheral applications.
This role has a requirement for regular European travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Systems Development and Procedure Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
• Liaison and focal point between E&M and Analytics team
• Collaborative set up of Data Marts
• Coordination and alignment of requirements & data requests/ compliance
• Support data analysis across E&M and with special focus on Fleet Performance
• Subject matter expert, providing systems Data and development expertise.
• Analyse, evaluate and improve existing business processes and procedures for users and interfaces with Fleet Performance, Data Analytics, Data Science, and IT.
• In depth knowledge of the AMOS Data Table Structure
• Experience working with AMOS / within Amos Competency Center
• Knowledge of SQL or similar query language
• Understanding of relational databases
• Sound project management ability and process experience
• Strong IT skills and experience of planning and implementing systems development and deployment
• A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives
• Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)