Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build solid and functional products. So we put designers, developers, and PMs together to build frictionless experiences. From our APIs interface to our developer console — there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric and beautiful design.
We’re looking for an empathetic design manager to lead and scale our product design team, as part of our product development group. You will work closely with the rest of the leadership team in product and engineering to define the strategic vision for design and promote a user-centric approach to the products we are building.
You will also have the opportunity to align with other peers in the Design organisation and to gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house.
As our Product Design Manager, you will:
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership team within the product development organisation
- Define the strategic vision for product design and be an advocate for design and user-centric approach company wide
- Establish goals, define, own and report on key KPIs
- Manage, mentor and hire designers across the product development organisation
- Identify career growth opportunities and set clear developments goals within your team
- Continuously work on improving the design processes and team efficiency
- Encourage culture of design excellence and collaboration within our design community
What we need from you:
- Experience managing and scaling teams in a fast growing API/SaaS company
- Ability to build and improve design processes and framework to keep alignment with the overall design org
- Good prioritisation skills and ability to make trade-offs
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with senior management
- Being data-driven, and be able to influence strategic decisions
- Experience working in an agile environment as part of a product team
- Experience with QA testing and good knowledge of product the development cycle
- Ability to challenge engineering choices to promote better UX
- Experience with user research, competitor analysis, usability testing and clients interviews
- Ability to build and advocate for a strong user-centric culture
- Ability to solve problems of complexity through smart design
- Experience in career growth and levelling frameworks for designers
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in fintech
- Management of entire product teams including engineers
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).