Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer’s Client Operations team ensures clients are given world-class customer support. The team has the responsibility of acting as the voice of the client within the broader business and ensuring that we deliver a great client support experience across our products and services.
We are looking for an experienced support leader whose mission will be to scale and define the operational effectiveness of our global client & technical support teams. Reporting to the VP Customer, you will set the strategy and requirements for the support teams, evolving our delivery models, scaling the team, implementing and delivering effective and efficient global support processes as well as delivering operational metrics that align to delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
You will have an integral part in defining the evolution of our client support as Truelayer scales our UK, EU and global operations. You and your team will work closely with customer-facing teams including sales, customer success and integration sales teams to deliver an optimal customer experience. You will partner with product and engineering leadership to ensure operational readiness for new products and services.
As our Head of Client Operations, you will:
- Work cross-functional to define the support strategy for the Client Operations team; ensuring cross-functional alignment and support of the broader business growth strategy
- Lead and coach an innovative, diverse team; inspiring them to build relationships, and promote effective and efficient support for clients and consumers. Embed business insight and operational excellence as a core capability in the team
- Define and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your function (e.g. operational efficiency, effectiveness, quality, NPS, delivery of strategic priorities, and key results of programs)
- Deliver a vendor strategy and oversee effective operational execution our global vendors; ensuring that key issues and risks are addressed through a vendor management governance framework with quality at the core
- Coordinate the full lifecycle of customer issues by working with the Technical Support Lead including developing action plans for escalated issues, working with product and engineering on issue resolution, developing customer messaging and keeping customers and the customer success team informed on progress.
- Collaborate directly with Product and Engineering to adapt support processes and services to the product development roadmap.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Developer Operations teams to provide 24x7 incident response for our customers.
- Improve and evolve our existing support tooling and processes to promote efficiency and scale and optimise the customer journey
- Define the right channels for supporting customers and consumers. Collaborate with our product and UX teams to evolve our self-service support channels and content management strategy to support the delivery of the best customer support in a cost-effective model to our international client and consumer base
- Establish clear processes to understand the “Voice of the Customer" and work cross-functionally by developing customer surveys and feedback loops and analysing support data to promote improvements in the product roadmap
- Establish and oversee a delivery model for continuous improvement of services for customers and consumers
- Significant experience developing and scaling a Customer Support function in payments, financial services or technology
- Experience with modern support funnels for customers and consumers and the models and tools used to support a variety of customer and user types; building multi-channel support programs to attend to the needs of different customer segments, indirect partners or consumers
- Natural leader; skilled experience leading, coaching, and empowering a team of client and technical support leaders and domain experts
- A documented history of professional cross-functional collaboration especially with technical and product teams
- Customer-focused mindset. Demonstrated ability to work creatively and methodically in meeting customer needs.
- Strategic, creative thinker with the ability to prioritise, shape and implement solutions to enable us to scale without compromising user experience.
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills.
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- A business management, computer science or technology focussed degree
- Payments and industry knowledge, combined with solid technical and product experience
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you 🌳
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (and know what an API is).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options TrueLayer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure TrueLayer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee