Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer’s Finance team is responsible for designing and executing our financial strategy, reporting and analysis of KPIs, product pricing models, strategic deal negotiations and accounting and tax reporting. As we head into a period of ambitious growth across new markets and geographies, the Finance function will be a central part of this strategy.
You will be part of a rapidly growing Finance function with plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and develop. You will also be a key member of the Accounting & Tax team and as our first tax hire you will help us build out the Tax function. You have a solid background across transfer pricing, direct and indirect taxes and implementing a global tax strategy across multiple jurisdictions.
As our Group Tax Lead you will;
- Be a key partner to the business in driving our global tax strategy as the company launches new products and expands internationally
- Lead the implementation of our first group transfer pricing strategy and policies, partnering with finance, legal and external consultants
- Manage all direct and indirect compliance requirements across the UK, Ireland, Italy, Australia and new jurisdictions as we continue to scale the business globally
- Partner with our engineering team to support and document TrueLayer’s product development for R&D tax credits and applicable R&D grants
- Monitor international tax developments and manage the associated compliance and tax reporting obligations for the group
- Support the business on key aspects of tax planning initiatives and other ad hoc projects such as fundraising, group restructuring and commercial transactions
What we need from you:
- 8+ years of relevant tax experience across UK and Irish tax laws and experience with European tax regulations.
- Both public accounting and multinational industry experience.
- You love Tax and have the ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across multiple functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to identify, create and deliver process improvements.
- Have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality and the ability to operate autonomously in a fast paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work 🏡
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).