Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer’s Finance team is responsible for designing and executing our financial strategy, cost and debt control, reporting and analysis of KPIs, product pricing models, strategic deal negotiations, accounting and tax reporting. As we head into a period of ambitious scaling up across new markets and geographies, the Finance function will be a central part of this strategy.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to expand our Financial Operations team as we do. In this role, you will support our finance functions and our financial administration processes, working closely with the broader team to support the day to day running of the business.
You will be vital to ensure our financial information is up to date and relevant. You will be part of the team that is building a scalable finance function and processes to support the company’s rapid growth plans. You’ll be part of a fast growing team with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
As our Finance Accountant, you will:
- Record financial transactions and handle bank reconciliations;
- Manage supplier financial information requests;
- Handle accounts payable and receivable, including paying supplier bills;
- Payroll Admin - liaise with outsourcing provider, being a bridge between Finance & our colleagues;
- Expenses management
- File historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others;
- Prepare information for auditors.
- Economics (or similar) qualifications, or work-experience to an equivalent level
- Prior bookkeeping or accounting experience;
- AP, AR and / or payroll experience;
- Good Excel skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with NetSuite (or similar package)
- Good communication skills
- Fluent both in English and Italian
Nice to haves:
- Startup or SME experience.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL commercio (contratto collettivo nazionale di lavoro)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).