Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
Experience Design at TrueLayer is the place where visionary designers, creative developers and innovative copywriters work together to build user centred omni-channel journeys. Our mission is to build a recognisable brand and a consistent experience. To make this a reality we have built “Prisma” — our own Design System.
Prisma is a component library and brand guidelines documentation tool that simplifies and standardises brand and UX/UI practices across the whole organisation. From our API interfaces to our marketing campaigns and collateral — almost everything in TrueLayer is built with Prisma to guarantee a set of recurring patterns that remove cognitive load from the user journey and build better experiences.
To develop Prisma to new highs, we’re now looking for a highly motivated Brand Designer who is continuously looking to push their abilities. Someone that is ready to carve their own path through ambiguity and bring structure and processes that will permit us to scale. A designer that is proactive, constantly proposes solutions and quickly understands technical complexities to create strong narratives around them. A design “nerd” that thrives when branding, guidelines, and components creation are the core of what they do.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects and mediums using the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well as help developing a brand new, cutting-edge design system we’ve been building in-house. In light of our upcoming global expansion, the challenges will be many, but their impact will be pivotal.
As a Brand Designer, you will:
- Actively contribute to the Prisma’s current style guides and component library by introducing new assets and maintaining the pre-existent ones;
- Meet with other stakeholders to assess their needs, help them create a coherent brief and deliver polished and easy to use content based on our design system;
- Create merchandising and collaterals for internal and external use and maintain stock;
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends related to the fintech industry;
- Bring new insights to the team and propose innovative, fresh visual ideas;
- Report to our Head of Brand Design;
- Work in 2-week sprints on the Brand team’s own ideas and other team’s creative requests.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience with Design Systems / Brand guidelines;
- Have a portfolio that shows adaptability over multiple mediums (digital and print);
- You are a strong visual storyteller;
- Ability to solve complex problems through smart design;
- You are able to to clearly express and motivate your design choices to a broader audience;
- Have the ability to get buy-in from other stakeholders and manage expectations;
- Have strong layouts and typography skills;
- You are data-driven and you are able to back up assertions with data;
- Keen to learn new skills and constantly step out of your comfort zone;
- Have strong attention to detail and an ability to work within established deadlines;
- Are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Are proactive and self-starting: actively thinking of ways to enhance processes and ability to prioritise demands in a fast-paced environment.
- You know what an API is (without googling it)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with design libraries version control;
- Proficiency in After Effects and Figma;
- Data visualisation enthusiast;
- Good understanding of UX/UI and the principles of interaction design;
- Familiarity with Jira and agile methodologies.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL Commercio terziario e distribuzione servizi
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).