Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by established names like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new regions all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
About the Developer Experience team
At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips. As an API platform, TrueLayer deeply cares about its developer experience. With our product offering continuing to grow, our Developer Experience team is dedicated to creating a cohesive, feature-rich platform experience for developers to integrate with and manage our products.
We’re looking for a curious and innovative full-stack engineer to join our Developer Experience team and build end-to-end experiences that delight our users. Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, tech writers and designers, you’ll be creating solidly-coded, elegant products which will contribute to the growth of our platform as we scale globally.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you’ll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products — in short: you’ll build it, you’ll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.
As an Associate Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Have an interest in getting experience in our platforms (AWS, Kubernetes, Grafana) and our tools (React, .NET and Rust). Training will be available to boost your current knowledge;
- Develop new services which empower our customers with the features they need to onboard, build, use and manage our products from the TrueLayer Console;
- Work in our cross-functional Developer Experience team, collaborating with world-class Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to deliver developer-facing features across the TrueLayer platform;
- Follow the rest of the team to deliver product features in fast and safe iteration cycles promoting maintainability, testing and automation;
- Embrace the open feedback culture, actively reviewing code and accepting feedback in order to maximise the team learning;
- Align with our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
We need you to demonstrate:
- Passion and curiosity about technologies you use, and love to understand all aspects of a codebase;
- Experience, or interest in building backend services and APIs in any programming language (we use Rust & C# .NET Core);
- Understanding of SOLID principles, common design patterns and software development best practices;
- Interest in testing best practices — TDD, unit testing and integration testing;
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge;
- A keen eye for good user experience.
We’d be especially excited if you have:
- Understanding of microservice architecture and its associated challenges;
- Interest in observability and alerting in mission-critical distributed systems.
Benefits and Compensation
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).