3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
Engineering at Thirdfort
At Thirdfort, we’re working to build an outstanding engineering culture that empowers our team to do their best work. We have a flat structure which cultivates an honest and open environment, where everyone’s opinions are heard and valued.
We have native IOS & Android mobile apps which are the key consumer facing interface. We also have a detailed web portal that is used by our B2B customers, mainly lawyers and estate agents (built in React). We are cloud hosted and have a JSON REST API backend (primarily Node.js and GO), microservices architecture and cryptographically secure sensitive data storage.
We are looking for an experienced Fullstack Software Engineer to join our engineering team and contribute across all areas of our stack. You will be helping build out our back end working with APIs and advanced data structures, and contributing towards developing our beautiful front end web portal.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced Software Engineer, not necessarily with the same tech stack.
- Can work with or can quickly get comfortable with: React, Go, Node.js, Kubernetes & Git.
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm for coding.
- Has a strong understanding of software engineering principles (data structures, searching and sorting algorithms, etc).
- Has a flexible, lean and nimble approach to building software.
- Is customer centric and works well with product owners.
- Is a great communicator and decision maker that understands the commercial impact of technical and design decisions.
- Is a humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others.
- Has wisdom - strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right.
In this role, you will get to:
- Take technical ownership and lead a project team on large, complex projects.
- Contribute to the development of new features.
- Develop into a component owner. This involves taking ownership of a specific component (e.g. one of our microservices) and be the subject matter expert in this area.
- Mentor and support newer members of the team.
- You’ll be doing some analysis, using GitHub to discuss new ideas with the team.
- Review other engineer’s Pull Requests.
- Participate in our hiring process to help us build a world class team of engineers.
- Work closely with our engineers in Sri Lanka alongside our Product and Design teams.
- Work across a variety of projects and gain exposure to all areas of our product.
How we work: we have a flexible working approach as we’re building a people-first culture and believe a key part of this is understanding that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for our team. Our offices are open and most of our team take a hybrid approach however we understand the value of flexibility and how it can help each Thirdforter thrive so if you’re looking to be fully office based or remote within the UK, we’re comfortable with this too.
Life at Thirdfort:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.