3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
DevOps at Thirdfort
We are looking for an expert Devops Engineer to join our technology team. They will be working closely with an existing and growing Engineering team, focused on delivering container-based production services - supporting both internal and client-facing APIs and enhancing the scalability, reliability and observability of our services.
We run our services in GCP and use Kubernetes, CloudRun and Sentry, as well as other data systems such as ArangoDB, Kafka, Google PubSub, Postgres, and Redis.
Devops team mission:to reduce the cognitive load on the product and engineering teams so that they increase the speed of time to market.
The areas of responsibility covered by our Devops engineers on a day-to-day basis include:
- Improve in Scalability, Disaster Recovery, Availability and Observability of services
- Guidance and/or implementation of monitoring, logging, and alerting systems
- Ensure Production reliability with an SLO driven approach
- Development of CI/CD pipelines and deployment strategies to help improve velocity and reduce change failure rate.
- Work on the provision of common services and tooling, for use by development teams and other SREs.
- Evaluation and creation of new tools and libraries for use throughout engineering.
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation with other engineers.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced DevOps Engineer (not necessarily in the same tech stack)
- Has the ability to participate in the on-call rotation with other engineers
- Has a keen eye for early problem solving
- Has an SLO driven approach to Production reliability
- Is a humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others
- Has wisdom - strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right
Desired technical skills:
- GCP experience ( Cloud Run/ Google Pub Sub)
- Apache Kafka
- Experience with a programming language (python/perl/ruby/go) - anything that can be used for automating something relatively fast
Life at Thirdfort:
- Health insurance via AXA
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
- We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.