3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
We are seeking a Risk and Compliance Manager to join us as our first dedicated Risk and Compliance hire. The role will sit within our Legal team and report to the Head of Legal. You will have a high degree of autonomy and scope to shape how Risk and Compliance is thought of and managed at Thirdfort.
As well as working with the Legal team, you will interact regularly across the business including with the Ops, Product, Customer Support, Engineering teams, as well as the founders. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but impactful team and to bring about a lot of change across a wide range of areas.
We are looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager to help us manage Financial Crime (AML, Fraud and more), regulatory risks and reporting, infosecurity and quality management as well as operational issues. You will have broad Risk and Compliance experience across risk management, audit, risk assurance, compliance or similar areas as well as a particular interest in AML and financial crime. Knowledge or experience of the Legal or Property industries is an added bonus!
The ideal candidate will be able to independently carry out risk assessments, update policies and processes, lead reviews, analyse the mitigations and controls the business has in place and generally support the business on other material risk and compliance matters as and when they come up.
- Conduct periodic review and gap analysis of existing risk management and control framework in context of business as an AISP/PISP, reporting to senior management and implement remediations for improvement.
- Build risk assessment process with considered KPIs and and coordinate the assessment across the business.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring of key risk metrics and facilitate the regular reporting to the risk committee as well as helping shape the agenda and business of the risk committee.
- Advise process/control owners with the preparation and on-going maintenance of controls and control documentation (e.g., policies, procedures, narratives, and matrices).
- Owning reporting to the FCA.
- Play a key role in maintaining ISO27001 standards as well as a Quality Management System.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years’ broad, varied experience in a financial services/high growth fintech risk/ compliance team with strong AML background. Anything legal/prop tech a bonus but not essential.
- Has strong regulatory knowledge including Money Laundering Regulations, POCA, JMLSG guidance, Open Banking, working knowledge of UK GDPR/GDPR but you don’t have to be an expert.
- Is confident, proactive in communicating and presenting to senior management as well as bringing change across the business.
- Is able to work independently with minimal guidance and is motivated by the opportunity to be the first Risk and Compliance hire at Thirdfort and to join the small (two currently) but mighty Legal team.
- Is skilled at prioritising but is not a perfectionist. We want someone who is excited about improving the way we manage Risk and Compliance at Thirdfort but also recognises that perfect is the enemy of good.
Life at Thirdfort
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.