3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
Engineering at Thirdfort
At Thirdfort, we’re working to build an outstanding engineering culture that empowers our team to do their best work. We have a flat culture which cultivates an honest and open environment, where everyone’s opinions are heard and valued.
Our Engineering team has grown from 5 to 24 people in the last year and we’re planning to aggressively expand the team further over the next 12 months.
We’re looking for an Engineering manager to manage a team of engineers in the UK and empower them to do their best work. We’re looking for someone with a technical background who understands Software Engineering principles and is passionate about leading world class teams.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Support your engineers’ personal growth; proactively review performance and development opportunities to help our team achieve their career goals.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and play a key role in pushing ideas through to execution.
- Partner with the Talent team to hire world class engineers; we’re scaling rapidly and looking for someone who is passionate about creating a brilliant hiring process and candidates experience.
- Evolve our people processes; help to scale our onboarding and mentoring programme so we’re setting new joiners up for success.
- Be a values champion and help us to evolve our amazing culture as we scale rapidly.
- Work with the Head of Engineering to distribute work to the dev team (in UK and Sri Lankan offices).
- Work collaboratively with other teams to effectively push forwards technical projects, including product & design.
- Manage deliverables and timescales
- Communicate progress to the stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Participate and take lead in planning, prioritisation and refinement meetings
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities to improve the process
Manage technical projects:
We’re looking for someone who:
- Excels at managing people but also has the technical expertise to provide technical leadership to major projects.
- Has previously had experience as a Software Engineer
- Has had experience managing engineers and is excited to mentor, coach and grow teams.
- Is a great communicator and able to clearly convey ideas to a range of audiences (both technical and non technical).
- Loves building relationships with people across various functions and levels across the business.
Life at Thirdfort:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.