3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka.
We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
Engineering at Thirdfort
At Thirdfort, we’re working to build an outstanding engineering culture that empowers our team to do their best work. We have a flat strucutre which cultivates an honest and open environment, where everyone’s opinions are heard and valued.
We have native IOS & Android mobile apps which are the key consumer facing interface. We also have a detailed web portal that is used by our B2B customers, mainly lawyers and estate agents (built in React). We are cloud hosted and have a JSON REST API backend (primarily Node.js and GO), microservices architecture and cryptographically secure sensitive data storage.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team and contribute across all areas of our stack. You will be helping build out our back end working with APIs and advanced data structures.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced Software Engineer, not necessarily with the same tech stack.
- Can work with or can quickly get comfortable with: Go, Node.js, Kubernetes & Git.
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm for coding.
- Has a strong understanding of software engineering principles (data structures, searching and sorting algorithms, etc).
- Has a flexible, lean and nimble approach to building software.
- Is customer centric and works well with product owners.
- Is a great communicator and decision maker that understands the commercial impact of technical and design decisions.
- Is a humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others.
- Has wisdom - strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the development of new features.
- Work across a variety of projects and gain exposure to all areas of our product.
- Carry out analysis, using GitHub to discuss new ideas with the team.
- Review other engineer’s Pull Requests.
- Participate in our hiring process to help us build a world class team of engineers.
- Work closely with our engineers in Sri Lanka alongside our Product and Design teams.
How we work: we have a flexible working approach as we’re building a people-first culture and believe a key part of this is understanding that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for our team. Our offices are open and most of our team take a hybrid approach, however we understand the value of flexibility and how it can help each Thirdforter thrive so if you’re looking to be fully office based or remote within the UK, we’re comfortable with this too.
Life at Thirdfort:
- We peg salaries to £GBP
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Annual bonus scheme for Sri Lanka employees
- Customisable wellness budget with our partner ThanksBen
- Employees and their immediate family will be covered by a comprehensive medical insurance scheme. Employees are entitled to life insurance.
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.