3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
Our app helps users in the process of buying or selling a house by breaking down the process into manageable tasks, reducing the effort and time required. Your contributions will have a major impact on shaping the app and improving the user’s experience.
The mobile engineering team consists of both Android and iOS developers. You’ll be joining as part of a small, highly collaborative team, with a flat company structure, where everyone’s voice is valued equally.
We are looking for a Junior Android Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This is a really exciting opportunity for you to grow, enhance and hone your Android knowledge skills by participating and contributing towards a unique project.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience and working knowledge of Kotlin.
- Has an awareness of Compose and declarative/functional frameworks.
- Has an understanding of the Android platform and developing for mobile devices.
- Has strong problem-solving skills with the resourcefulness to explore and research solutions to problems.
- Writes clean and self-documenting code, considering naming, usage and testability.
- Has care and attention to detail.
- Has a positive can-do attitude, with an inquisitive nature, to learn and expand your knowledge within the Android platform.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate ideas.
- Collaborates effectively across teams.
As an Android Engineer, you will:
- Work with the latest Android technologies including Compose and co-routines to help in producing a highly composable application.
- Contribute ideas to improve existing parts of the app to help facilitate redesigning and optimising our app.
- Consider the user, accessibility, design, and testability at all times.
- Solve engineering problems using a structured approach.
- Work closely with the mobile engineering team to create new and exciting features.
- Work closely with product & design to help refine the process and ways of working.
- Provide peer reviews to improve the quality and share knowledge.
Life at Thirdfort
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.