Salary: £37,000-£42,000 basic per annum + uncapped commission
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Strengthscope is actively seeking to build diverse, inclusive, and authentic teams and encourages candidates to apply if they are excited about this role and meet even some of the criteria below.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The core function of a Business Development Manager is simple: to win new business. This is a 360 sales role that includes prospecting, pitching, closing, and onboarding. Newly onboarded clients are then safely handed over to our Customer Success team for further nurturing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Closing new business opportunities in line with monthly revenue targets
- Responding swiftly to marketing leads and arranging timely introductory meetings with target market businesses
- Confidently delivering product demonstrations of our assessments, training packages, and online learning platform
- When meeting a client, thoroughly qualify the opportunity through astute questioning
- Producing tailored and impactful sales proposals, based on the needs qualified in previous scoping conversations
- Taking full ownership of your prospecting sales plan: producing enough outbound activity (phone, email, LinkedIn) to book 15 self-generated meetings per month
- Conscientiously updating all activities on Salesforce, including call notes, email correspondence, and proposals sent to clients
- Using Salesforce to communicate accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting of sales opportunities to the rest of the team on a weekly basis
- Navigating sales cycles with budget holders from L&D and HR departments, often negotiating with Director level clients.
Skills & Attributes:
If you have a mix of the following skills and attributes, you might be just whom we’re looking for:
- Comfortable and experienced holding an individual revenue target: this doesn’t daunt you and you’re ready for the challenge!
- Skilled in booking meetings with target market prospects ‘from cold’: in other words, you know how to qualify and nurture your own prospect pipeline and you feel energised when speaking to new people
- A flair for presentation: you love commanding an audience and having the opportunity to demonstrate how you can meet clients’ needs with your solutions
- A great listener: you are skilled in making sure the client feels heard, and you ask questions that help drill down into their critical pain points
- A team player that is ready to pitch in and help others: we’re a small but growing team – collaboration both within the sales team and with other departments is key to success
- Someone who deals with their admin and takes ownership of it: however de-energising this may be – you understand how vital our CRM system is, and you take follow-up seriously
- You have a growth mindset, and you are humble: you accept that things aren’t always perfect, and you look for solutions to help with continuous improvement across the business.
- Here are some of the good things you’ll get when you join Strengthscope:
- 30 days (+ bank holidays) of annual leave
- Enhanced pension plan where Strengthscope meets your contribution up to 10%
- Flexible working – we’re verified by Flexa! Check out our company page on https://flexa.careers/companies/strengthscope
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Home setup allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Eye care vouchers (we pay for your test and contribute £49 towards glasses)
- Internal and external coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly personal development time
- StrengthscopeMASTER™ qualification
- Strengths Heroes - where we celebrate the most awesome people every quarter!
- Monthly team get-togethers and quarterly team days to reflect, plan, and celebrate
- Pet-friendly offices on the bustling Southbank, minutes from London Bridge, Southwark, and Waterloo stations.
Click https://www.strengthscope.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Business-Development-Manager-JD_04012023.pdf to hear directly from our current team members and read about #LifeAtStrengthscope (page 2)!
Strengthscope is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Strengthscope provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Strengthscope is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Strengthscope
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"The flexibility is 10/10. There is no expectation of attending the office unless there is a real need that impacts the whole team."
Anonymous Strengthscope Employee