Fully flexible hours
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. It’s faster, cheaper, greener, and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis, it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company, having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA, and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, and with our teams based globally in London, Boston, Brisbane, and Stockholm, we still consider ourselves an agile start-up business. We are using the Scrum framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the European market, but we have ambitions for so much more! With a raft of new clients joining us, and with our growth about to enter its prime, we aim to become the biggest player in the rail tech space.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our London team playing a pivotal role in our growing global Systems Operations team here at SilverRail. This team provides site reliability services across all technical operations including our production applications, engineering & UAT systems, automation, and cloud infrastructure.
Those who join us will have the opportunity to design, implement, and manage the cloud and container infrastructure, configuration management, automation, security, and monitoring/alerting strategies. You'll receive hands-on experience building the next-generation infrastructure serving travellers around the world.
To help us through this next phase of growth, we're looking for smart, forward-thinking, and motivated engineers that are capable of reliably operating and maintaining our systems and supporting networks.
The team is very collaborative, friendly, and improvement oriented. Having fun while at work is a must! We support a flexible home working environment with occasional travel into the London office.
- Contribute to building and enhancing every aspect of SilverRail’s evolving infrastructure and platform as a service.
- Support internal and external customers, and build on key cloud technologies and DevOps practices.
- Manage a wide range of reliability functions such as monitoring & alerting solutions, latency & load performance, uptime, and error budgets.
- Develop, maintain, and utilise SilverRail’s deployment automation, configuration management, and orchestration systems.
- Design, build, and manage SilverRail’s cloud and container environments.
- Own the deployment process to ensure streamlined, zero-downtime, and orchestrated service delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams to optimise processes, application development, and customer support.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering/IT relevant field.
- Extensive career in an operations engineer role with hands-on experience in automation/SRE.
- Very strong Linux knowledge with expert-level scripting skills in Bash, Python, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with writing Infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform/Terragrunt.
- Demonstrable experience with coding configuration management, such as SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Demonstrable experience with management of Kubernetes in a production environment, including tooling such as ArgoCD and eksctl.
- Extensive experience with AWS (cloud-based infrastructure).
- Strong knowledge of Git, GitOps principles, deployment pipelines, CI/CD, and Docker.
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing enterprise monitoring, back-up and recovery, security, and logging solutions.
- Experience with and willingness to provide technical customer support.
- Advocate of software best practices and Agile SDLC.
- Software development experience is highly valued.
- Energetic and motivated to innovate infrastructure and automation systems.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring context-switching to ultimately keep track of and complete multiple tasks.
- Highly articulate with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Learns and adapts quickly with self-starter attitude.
- Ability to understand and operate at both a business and technical level.
- Must be competent and comfortable in guiding and mentoring junior engineers.
- We have an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates.
- We are an accredited flexible company and were named in Flexa’s Top 50 Most Flexible Companies
- We utilise a hybrid working model, providing equipment for home working alongside occasional visits to our beautiful central London office.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package including private healthcare and Perkbox rewards, as well as stock options that give you the chance to buy into SilverRail’s future.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- Our team’s health and wellness is genuinely important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please email us directly: email@example.com - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*