*This role is open to Brisbane-based applicants only*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is ever important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
Our Ops team support our customers across the globe; providing 24/7 critical Application support ensuring first class, seamless end-to-end customer service. Whether it's pre-sales, integration & implementation or on-going post-sales support - our Ops team are on hand.
In this role you'll have experience in a wide range of tech environments and a true understanding of service infrastructure. You're naturally inquisitive and get a buzz from solving complex issues. You know how to build relationships and communicate effectively with both tech and non-tech stakeholders. Your team mates are based across all our offices - London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm.
Key responsibilities and authorities
- Day to day management and overview of Customer issues.
- Provide on-call support out of hours and on weekends.
- Respond to customer-initiated problems with the service, scoping, triaging, escalating and resolving technical issues. Own the problem from identification to resolution.
- Monitor SilverRail services for abnormal behaviour and intervene as necessary to prevent impact to customer service. Engage additional resources as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Prioritise and oversee customer reported issue and requests.
- Produce, develop and document processes for the team.
- Internal Customer Release and Change management coordination.
- Produce and Analyse customer statistics and actively suggest improvements
- Monitor issues to ensure SLAs are not breached.
- Work within established Agile development methodologies and contribute to their ongoing evolution.
- Support customers in the implementation and use of SilverRail products, coordinate responses to questions, create and deliver documentation to address common areas of concern, and provide training as required.
Competence and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in relevant field
- Experience with using Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of SAAS based services, tools and techniques.
- Dev Ops experience, specifically with GIT.
- Effective communication, time management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience in technical support, professional services, project management, client management, or equivalent technical client-facing teams
- Strong customer support skills and ability to manage customer satisfaction of large enterprise customers
- Issue management, proactive and reactive problem resolution experience
- Team-oriented and ability to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
- Of benefit, would be rail domain knowledge.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Enthusiastic and creative team player with the ability to inspire others
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options SilverRail Technologies provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure SilverRail Technologies is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at SilverRail Technologies
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Boston, Brisbane, Stockholm
What employees are saying
"SilverRail offer flexibility enabling 'Life Work balance' rather than 'Work Life Balance', being flexible around you as an employee, rather than you being flexible around the company. SilverRail are very open and welcome to new ways of working. The door is always open for each individual employee to engage and discuss individual circumstances and ideas. I have no wish list, I feel empowered by SilverRail to manage my time around work and family. If I wasn't working for SilverRail today, I have to say that I believe I would have struggled for the same support based on some previous employee experiences."
UK Analyst at SilverRail Technologies