Fully flexible hours
Head of Development
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
In Sweden we provide technology solutions for the nation’s biggest rail carriers. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our Swedish HQ is in central Stockholm and we have a satellite office in Norrköping, while our global teams are also based in London, Boston and Brisbane. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
As the Head of Development at SilverRail Technologies Sweden, you play an important role in building a better future. We develop IT solutions that make it easier to choose environmentally friendly travel, and we have everything from broad generalist knowledge about developing advanced solutions to in-depth expertise in the industry we work in. The combination makes us strong, and the Head of Development is responsible for continuing and increasing this strength.
- Own and lead the development process, development strategy, delivery and execution of our products
- Responsible for ensuring delivery in time and by priority
- Line management responsibilities will include recruitment, 1-1 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team
- Responsible for the development budget
- Continuously improving how we work
Competence and Skills
- Experience leading larger teams
- Previous experience working for software companies
- Passionate about the agile way of working
- Results oriented
- Constructive with a focus on finding solutions and dividing problems into manageable pieces
- Fluency Swedish and English, both spoken and written
- Experience working in Jira and Microsoft's different products
- Experience of SaFe methodology is a bonus
- A degree in technology, computer science or similar
- If you are a trained Scrum Master, this is also a bonus
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes – and we are a fully accredited flexible working company.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a green tech company that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please let us know in your application - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*