3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About Signal - Who are we?
We're on a mission to change the way businesses make decisions with our cutting-edge AI technology. To achieve that, we’re looking for passionate people to join our open and unconventional workplace. Our inclusive environment welcomes skills and experiences from diverse backgrounds, and defines who we are.
About the role - what’s your purpose?
You will join a close-knit, fully cross-functional team that makes product releases on a daily basis, decides product direction themselves and regularly tries out new approaches and technologies. For this role we’d ideally like to find someone who is comfortable working across our full stack: comfortable following dev-ops principles, interested in building systems that would handle big volumes of data and with a good sense of service oriented architecture.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
- Working in a collaborative environment where you'd be expected to be pair programming most of your time.
- Contribute to the architectural decisions of your team
- Implement and maintain the infrastructure and code of the services owned by your team.
- Build services that are able to cope with huge volumes of data.
Who are we looking for?
- You love building products as part of a cross functional team; focused on an iterative, outcome driven approach.
- You believe in collaboration as a way of working and will be keen on following our trunk based development strategy via pair programming.
- You understand the benefits of the dev-ops mentality of “You build it, you own it!”, where you would be not only building new solutions but responsible for the day to day operation of existing ones.
- You have experience in large scale distributed systems and an understanding around how to build resilient and observable systems. It’d be a plus if you have worked with Clojure, Terraform and AWS.
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable expressing your ideas to multiple different audiences
- You have a positive attitude, and are keen to learn new skills in order to succeed
At Signal AI, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy with 2-3 days remote per week, plus Summer & Winter fully remote blocks wherever works for you, including abroad;
- Share options;
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies;
- Health Cash Plan/ Pension plan / Income Protection / Life Insurance / Access to free therapists via Spill.