3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About Signal - Who are we?
We're on a mission to change the way businesses make decisions with our cutting-edge AI technology. To achieve that, we’re looking for passionate people to join our open and unconventional workplace. Our inclusive environment welcomes skills and experiences from diverse backgrounds and defines who we are.
About the role - What’s your purpose?
We are looking for a 6 months Business Intelligence & Data Visualisation contractor to work within our Global Solution Engineering team. The team uses Signal’s data and technology to produce high-quality, fast turnaround reports and dynamic dashboards for our clients and public audiences. We are looking for someone excited by the idea of continuously working on new and varied projects. You will be working with a small, tightly knit team producing reports and dashboards for a wide variety of audiences including: clients, governments, journalists and Signal AI’s senior leadership.
This role will give you the opportunity to explore many different facets of the business, including Delivery, Product and Data-Science, as well as gaining exposure to the Commercial side of the organisation.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
Reporting to the Head of Global Solution Engineering, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Work independently and liaise directly with clients.
- Operate under high-pressure, returning work within very short time-frames.
- Demonstrate significant independent thinking, drawing insights from a wide variety of sources and data points, and then provide their own layer of analysis on top.
- Effectively use a wide number of research tools in order to find the right mix of opinion, fact and statistics for each brief or report.
- Consume a wide variety of sources, from financial reports through to news or social media.
- Extract, process and interpret data sets and provide insightful commentary on items of interest
- Directly brief senior figures both within and outside of Signal.
Who are we looking for?
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- Experience scoping out requirements from our clients.
- Experience as an analyst across the data pipeline, from data modelling & database querying to insights reporting & visualisation.
- Strong grasp on data transformation concepts and when & how to apply them.
- Client-facing experience in translating client needs into technical specifications.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous work streams with an iterative and flexible approach.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and managing resources during the duration of a PoC/project.
- Comfortable creating functional and technical specifications and diagrams.
- Experience manipulating scripts and datasets with Python.
- Experienced in dealing data quality issues and have a good understanding of end-to-end data flows.
- Experience in working with BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI to create dynamic dashboards, as well as generating ad hoc reports
- You are proficient with the Office Suite (particularly Excel/Sheets).
- Experience working with APIs and building queries to extract data.
- You have strong research, analysis and summarisation skills and an eye for insights.
- Experience working with 3rd parties.
At Signal, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they can thrive being their true selves.