Remote-first - with Office Space
Core hours 10 - 4
Job Title: Events Producer (Digital & Live) 12 month FTC
Reports to: Event Content Director (Global)
Salary: £25K - £26K pa
Sift Media is currently seeking a maternity leave replacement starting August 2022 for the position of Event Producer for its Digital and Live event programmes.
This is a hands-on role in the busy world of live and digital events. Digital events are not going away but need to be even more professional to cut through a world of lazy lockdown webinars. Live events are back in a big way, with audiences and sponsors demanding more for their time and investment. Whether digital or live, your job will be to help deliver professional, exciting award-winning events that deliver amazing experiences and engaging content for both audience and sponsor alike.
Reporting to the Event Content Director (Global), the Event Producer oversees the management, logistics and delivery of our digital event programme in both the UK and US for the industry-leading B2B website, AccountingWEB, as well as other event products across Sift Media’s multiple brands.
As Digital Producer, you are responsible for ensuring the topics, formats, speakers, hosts and panellists are the best they could be and always relevant to the audience. To ensure this, you will work closely with the AccountingWEB editorial team to ensure our audience’s immediate needs are constantly and consistently met.
This role also supports Sift Media’s multiple event brands including AccountingWEB Live Expo (UK), AccountingWEB Live Summit (US), the Culture Pioneer Awards and Accounting Excellence Awards.
You will be responsible for speaker management, ensuring all contributors to events are fully briefed and comfortable with their roles and responsibilities. You will also work closely with the Senior Event Manager with live event pre-planning and administration, and joining the team on site to help manage different aspects of the live event.
NOTE As Events Producer, you will be required to attend the events you produce in person. The must-attend dates for 2022 are:
Thurs Sept 8: Accounting Excellence Awards
Thurs Sept 15: Culture Pioneer Awards
Weds Nov 30 and Thurs Dec 1: AccountingWEB Live Expo 2022
Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
What we’d like from you
- Experience in producing digital events using modern platforms (such as BigMarker).
- Solid experience producing interactive video-based content (webinars, live Q&As, panel, roundtables), from content research to talent management to platform onboarding.
- Dedication to driving the surrounding platform-lead processes that make interactive content a success, including social promotion, transcription for editorial usage, smart scheduling, proactive marketing and reacting to audience data and analytics.
- Experience in live event management, including speaker/talent liaison and organisation of events programmes.
- Ability to be resourceful, adaptable with a positive attitude. Good interpersonal skills for managing internal stakeholders or external clients.
Additional desirable qualities, skills and experience
- The ability to work at pace, hit the ground running and pick up new skills fast.
- Strong multi-tasking / project management skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and put those around you at ease in a difficult ‘live’ situation.
- A commercial acumen and understanding of client briefs.
- Experience of monitoring platform / software budgets
What we can offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our five core values:
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with lots of opportunities to learn.
Our benefits include;
- Flexible working (we are Flexa certified)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell five days leave per year, long-service leave, plus a day off for your birthday!
- Christmas close down
- BUPA health cash plan and EAP
- Access to health and well-being resources and mental health consultants (up to 10 sessions per year)
- Perks at Work discount and reward site
- Summer and Christmas parties, plus team building events
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Sift uses a hybrid flexible working model which consists of time split between working from the office and home.