Job Title: Event Manager - January start, 9 - 12 months maternity cover
Reports to: Head of Events
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours)
Salary: £30 - £35k per annum (pro rata)
Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
We are currently seeking an Events Manager for our portfolio of in-person and digital events which includes B2B Awards, Exhibitions, Round-tables and regular digital shows.
This is a hands-on role in the busy world of live and digital events and you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end production of events, meeting business objectives and delivering to agreed timescales and budgets. You will work closely with our client success, sales, editorial, event content and design teams to ensure all events, whether digital or live, are professional, exciting and engaging for both audience and sponsor alike.
Reporting to the Head of Events, you’ll also be involved with the development of new ideas to extend our audience reach.
This role will start in January 2023 for a minimum of nine months, with the potential to continue on a month by month basis.
What we’d like from you
- Ability to manage operational event budgets and being accountable to finance
- Project managing digital and in-person event programmes ideally in B2B
- Working with event partners and 3rd parties including venues, speaker agencies, event logistics partners and suppliers
- Using platforms such as BigMarker to produce digital events
- Track record in digital event management, including speaker/talent liaison and organisation of events programmes
- Track record in running in-person events, with experience of running large-scale events such as Awards and Exhibitions desirable
Additional desirable qualities, skills and experience
- Producing video-based content (webinars, live Q&As, roundtables etc)
- Ability to deliver surrounding processes that make interactive content a success, including social promotion, transcripts for editorial usage, smart scheduling, proactive marketing and reacting to audience data and analytics.
What we can offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our five core values:
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with lots of opportunities to learn.
Our benefits include;
- Flexible working (we are Flexa certified)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday!
- Christmas close down
- BUPA health cash plan and EAP
- Perks at Work discount and reward site
- Summer and Christmas parties, plus team building events
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Sift uses a hybrid flexible working model which consists of time split between working from the office and home.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Sift provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Sift is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Sift
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK & US
What employees are saying
"I've worked at similar companies to Sift in the past, but it's different here. You always feel you are part of the team and can voice your own thoughts to help contribute. The flexible benefits are great for me too as I didn't really have any before coming here."
Anonymous Sift Employee