1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of around 35 people. Our newly-refurbished head office is in Newcastle upon Tyne, with hybrid working options available.
In this role, you will be responsible for building new websites and web applications, and helping to maintain existing websites. This involves working closely with our creative team to produce web pages using semantic mark-up and with server-side developers to implement and develop complex, interactive and data-driven websites.
- Develop and maintain client websites using React.
- Develop product functionality in line with agreed plans to set deadlines.
- Work alongside server-side developers to create solutions to technical issues across product development, ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Continually apply best practices to your workflow.
- Strong understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Webpack, Enzyme, Flux or Redux).
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
- Knowledge of isomorphic React.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to translate these into fluid and responsive templates.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE10+ & Evergreen Browsers) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
Working knowledge of:
- C# / ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core MVC
- Azure Dev Ops
- Azure/AWS Cloud