1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
About the role
Following some exciting project wins we are currently recruiting for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join our friendly development team.
We are seeking a motivated, hands-on Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join the team. Full Stack Software Engineers are responsible for building new websites and web applications and helping to maintain existing websites. This involves working closely with our creative team to produce web pages using semantic mark-up and implementing back-end functionality to develop complex, interactive and data-driven websites.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation which is proud of its strong technical background.
- Experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to translate these into fluid and responsive templates.
- Experience developing back-end functionality with C# / ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core MVC or JS/Node/Express.
- Experience integrating with back-end database systems, including relational databases or no-SQL platforms.
- Experience with Umbraco, Sitecore or equivalent content management system.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross-platform/browser compatibility (IE10+ & Evergreen Browsers) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard)
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills. You are a thinker, a logical mind ready to tackle the day-to-day challenges all modern web developers face. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with developers and designers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
- Some experience in AJAX techniques.
- Experience working with a CMS.
- Experience working in agile software development teams, using tools such as Azure DevOps or Jira.
Working knowledge of:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Azure/AW Cloud