Hello, we’re ScreenCloud.
Founded in 2015 and with 8500+ customers around the globe, ScreenCloud is a scaling cloud-based SaaS company, employing over 100 people across our hubs in Bangkok, Belfast, LA and London.
At ScreenCloud we’re hard at work helping businesses to make stronger connections at scale, and with those who are most important to them; their employees & their customers. By using the screens on their walls & the content in their systems we enable the sales, productivity & engagement that keep our customers’ businesses thriving.
We’re very proud of our product and we’re also incredibly proud of our people. It’s our ‘ScreenClouders’ and the culture they nurture that will take us where other companies just can’t go.
You’ll love working at ScreenCloud if you value transparency (join our monthly All Hands for business updates) flexibility (we’re one of Flexa’s Top Ten most flexible companies to work for) internationality (time zones don’t phase us) and integrity (join us, and you’ll also join our company-wide Share in Success scheme.)
We’re intentionally social. We think that spending time together is important… We think it’s so important that we arrange an annual company retreat, and we call it ScreenCloud Together! Each international hub regularly hosts visits from our teammates in other hubs. We balance regularly working from home with bright, well-designed office spaces - where we can see our own screens at play.
The RoleAs a DevOps Engineer you are the go-to person for ScreenCloud server deployment, maintenance, security policies, internal tools, and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries, and find solutions to technical challenges. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems. As part of the Operation department you’ll work closely with the Site Reliability Teams and provide constant feedback and improvement suggestions to various engineering departments.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you are a leader with previous experience in a lead role with significant technical, automation, and programming experience. You will guide developers on designing, configuring and deploying their applications and with continuous , and delivery pipeline. You have excellent communication skills and previous experience in platform and software development cycle.
In this role, you will spend most of your day interacting with several stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and C-Levels. You will contribute to developers adoption as they execute practical and useful solutions.
- Evolve our AWS Infrastructure, supporting multiple regions around the globe, ensuring we are using the best platforms, balancing performance, cost and availability
- Help drive the transformation of our monitoring systems, leveraging modern observability practices and health checks
- Build internal tooling to help streamline our deployment processes, leveraging FOSS components, allowing us to get to market quicker
- Boost your experiences and transferable skill sets by taking an active role in requirement analysis, development, testing, deployments and engaging with customers
- Develop tools and solutions that allow the internal IT infrastructure to scale, with a focus on operational efficiency and user experience
- Automate and/or execute IT infrastructure-related projects such as platform migrations, service upgrades and information security policy updates
- Partner with internal service owners and teams to evaluate technical data, create recommendations, obtain consensus, plan and execute
- Proactively identify and solve complex systemic challenges spanning multiple systems and teams as they relate to server deployments and corporate IT initiatives; this may include designing systems or services from the ground up
- Tune and manage database services and replication, git repositories, Jenkins servers, web servers, load balancers
- Continuously work to speed up response delivery from servers based on the nature of the application and requests being served
- Ensure servers are monitored 24x7 and timely actions are taken on any incident
- Maintain backups of configuration, and manage data replication and failover across multiple locations
- Experience in designing and developing cloud native infrastructure on AWS Cloud development and automation using Node.js, AWS Lambda, AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit)
- Built a continuous delivery system to automatically test and deploy changes to production, preferably with AWS tooling and Github Action
- Strong experience on Cloudformation
- Proficient software development experience using NodeJS, Typescript and Go
- A willingness to learn - we understand that not everyone has the same skills - we want people who are keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Demonstrated competency with the following AWS services: ECS, EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SES, Lambda
- Proficient in Python programming language and tech stacks
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system and networking concepts
- Experience building scalable infrastructure in AWS
- Experience with one or more AWS SDKs and/or CLI
- Expertise in leveraging Automation / DevOps principles, experience with operational tools, and able to apply best practices for infrastructure and software deployment
- Deep understanding of microservices and distributed architecture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate core concepts to executives, IT Management, and developers
- Knowledge of Python and Lambda
- AWS Developer and Engineer certified or similar certifications or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of application development methodologies
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgementScripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation
- Continuous integration tools such as Github Actions, Jenkins, etc
- Experience optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Experience maintaining an infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and toolsComfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Possess a strong grasp of automation tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Interview Process and Experience
Here’s some information about how we recruit at ScreenCloud. We have a commitment to engaging with diverse talent and creating a consistently positive candidate experience; in order to help us achieve these goals we regularly deliver internal interview training. We are also committed to objective assessments and want to provide a realistic preview for each of our roles, so we are likely to ask you to complete a (manageable, not onerous and always hypothetical) task or challenge as part of the process. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please let our friendly recruitment team know. We understand everyone is busy, so we like to streamline our interview processes with a focus on quality over quantity . This means our interview processes will be challenging and enriching, and (unless there is a particular reason for additional conversations), at most you’ll be attending three interviews before we make a decision.
At ScreenCloud our values are core, this means they are the starting point - they underpin everything we do and enable a culture we can be proud of, internally and externally.
Trust & TransparencyTrust underpins high levels of autonomy for every ScreenClouder, we trust your opinion and we encourage you to use your initiative. We are trusted to work flexibly with the freedom to define the best ways to do our best work. We’re trusted to be honest, and in turn are trusted to handle the honest truth. We create transparency with care; our Leadership team is accessible and here for you. We’re on this journey together, and we promise to keep you informed.
Unconventional & Brave One size never fits all and we are not copy-cats. We are happiest when we’re challenging traditional approaches, finding new paths, creating new territory and setting the benchmark. We work hard to nurture an inclusive environment that welcomes new and varying perspectives. We use our judgement and we take risks, because we know that what’s unusual today might be normal tomorrow.
IntegrityWe don’t compromise on integrity. We don’t avoid having real conversations and we won’t lie - to ourselves, to our customers, to our investors… to anybody! We want to build genuine, long-term relationships. We make decisions with the best interests of our colleagues and customers in mind.
Flexibility & Inclusivity
We don't love CVs here at ScreenCloud. We appreciate that your resume isn't an effective representation of you, your experience, your approach, your opinions or your potential. Equally, this job advert can't do justice to what being in this role will feel like on a daily basis.
We encourage you to get in touch, even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
And, if you need flexibility, we want to hear from you! If you'd love to find out more about this role, and you need to work ‘unusual’ hours, or you're looking for a part-time contract or have any potential individualised needs, we’re looking for people who can have positive impact… We're always open to talking about how we can enable that to happen.
FIND OUT MORE Check out our Bangkok, Belfast, LA and London hub pages.
Click here for some podcasting with our co-founders.
Read our culture blog here.
Get social! Follow us on Linkedin at @ScreenCloud - Digital Signage, and on Instagram at @Lifeatscreencloud
Unlimited annual leaveRemote-friendly workingWorking from home fundFlexible working hoursProvident fundEnhanced parental leavePersonal development fundPrivate health insurance
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options ScreenCloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure ScreenCloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at ScreenCloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
LA, Belfast, London, Bangkok
What employees are saying
"ScreenCloud is genuinely the most flexible place I've ever worked. The priority is and always has been the work, the flexibility is there to enable staff to do their best work. We enjoy each other's company so the hubs are often full, but if I've ever needed time to deal with a personal matter, or work from home to focus, that has never been an issue.
Staff are trusted to make decisions about time management and decide where they need to be and when to tackle work most effectively."
Head of Professional Services at ScreenCloud