3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Do you have great communication skills, and a passion to raise crucial funds for wildlife? Are you resilient and looking for your next challenge?
We're looking for a passionate individual who is based in either Dorset or Somerset to travel to local venues each day in their company van, set up an attractive fundraising stand, and spend the day actively engaging with members of the public, inspiring people to become lifelong members of our charity.
Depending on your location, the role will involve some shifts spent working at some of RSPB’s wonderful nature reserves. RSPB reserves across Somerset include the glorious RSPB Ham Wall, the site of spectacular starling flocks of up to a million birds “murmurating” before sunset through the winter months. Additionally, RSPB Arne reserve is one of the few places in the UK where all six of the UK's native reptiles can be found. Situated on Poole Harbour and within the Dorset Area of Natural Beauty, it's a stunning landscape which consists of dramatic open lowland heath and ancient oak woodland.
‘Rewarding but hard work. On a day-to-day basis, you engage with members of the public and inspire them to become members. You do have to work alone a lot, but you never feel alone because of the support network and community that defines the organisation. You travel to a variety of venues, come rain and shine, and have some amazing (and some not so amazing) conversations with people. Securing a membership is always a great feeling that stays with you. Being able to talk about things you are passionate about and learn a lot about wildlife is a real plus.’
Membership Fundraiser (Current Employee - Chesterfield, Derbyshire – 31 March 2020– Indeed Review)
Benefits of the role include:
- An opportunity to join a great team that is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature;
- A contract that suits you – choose between 3, 4, and 5 days per week (7.5 hours on-site per day);
- A set salary, rather than working to commission;
- A company van, with fuel and parking paid for;
- An annual volunteer day to spend with whichever charity you choose;
- 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata));
- Full training and comprehensive induction;
- Career progression opportunities within Europe's largest conservation charity, and up to 4 weeks’ sabbatical opportunities for every 5 years of service
What we need from you:
You don’t need to know much about wildlife or conservation, as we run a thorough induction program and offer fantastic training and ongoing support. What you will have is:
- Enthusiasm and passion for saving nature;
- Enjoy working outdoors - solo as well as part of a team;
- An ability to tell a good story, and communicate confidently;
- A resilience to rejection;
- Comfortable asking people for monthly donations;
- A full driving licence that’s valid in the UK (manual or automatic); and
- Happy to work 3 out of 4 weekends, and bank holidays.
This is a permanent position, with your choice of a 3, 4, or 5-day per week contract. The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 7th August at midnight.
Please see the FAQs at the top of this vacancy for further information. Should you have any additional queries about this vacancy, please feel free to contact our dedicated Resourcing Advisor: email@example.com
We run a monthly induction for all new Membership Fundraisers around the UK, and are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of either 1st September or early October 2022.
Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form. Before applying, we would encourage you to read through the candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this advert.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role, and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis, so please don’t delay in submitting your application!