We are looking for a motivated, skilled and qualified maintenance engineer to help us maintain essential services at UKHQ - The Lodge.
The Lodge Nature Reserve and Gardens is a very special place, offering an exceptionally rich combination of wildlife and heritage experiences. The woodland, heath and acid grassland here cover an area of some 220 hectares, and now form the largest stretch of heathland in Bedfordshire.
What's the role about?
Proactive and reactive maintenance. This will include building fabric, plumbing, basic electrics, carpentry, ground works. Carrying out planned maintenance across the site to ensure legal compliance.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- An appropriate building qualification, carpentry skills, plumbing skills, basic electrical skills.
- At least 5 years previous experience in a similar role.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Commercial electrical knowledge and experience.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 29th November 2022. For further information please contact John.Stephenson@rspb.org.uk
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Exe Estuary
- Conservation Officer - The Wash & North Norfolk Coast (Fixed-Term)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Assistant Warden (Fixed-Term) - Northward Hill
- Fundraising Manager - Maternity Leave Contract
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Officer - South Highland (Cairngorms)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Brentwood Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bury St Edmunds
- Assistant Finance Business Partner - Fixed Term - wfh
- Senior PWA Developer
- Senior Programme Manager - Flexible in England (Hybrid - WFH)
- Visitor Experience Officer
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Membership Venues Officer - RSPB Northern Ireland (Part-Time)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Administrator
- Hydes Heath Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Maidstone Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Reading
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Southampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swansea
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Skipton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - York
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Cumbria
- Senior Race Equity Specialist (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Site Manager - Forsinard Flows Reserve
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Casework Officer (12-month Fixed term) - WFH/Hybrid
- Visitor Experience and Interpretation Manager (Fixed-Term) (Hybrid-WFH)
- Visitor Experience and Marketing Manager RSPB England - Flexible in England (Hybrid-WFH)
- Swyddog Natur - Ynys-hir (Gweithio o adre/hybrid) - Nature Officer - Ynys-hir (Home-Based/Hybrid)
- Site Manager – West NI Reserves