3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a Retail Assistant at our South Stack reserve, to help us deliver fantastic customer service.
The main focus of the Retail Assistant role is to serve customers and ensure they have the best experience possible. You will also help maintain the retail displays, process deliveries, operate the till, and respond to visitor enquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
Working on a nature reserve means there’s always plenty going on and you’ll need to be prepared to deal with almost anything. You will receive full training and support on all aspects of RSPB Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and an ambassador for the RSPB.
- Ensuring the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Working with the retail management team to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators to deliver against retail store goals.
- Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised and stock levels are appropriate.
- Ensuring all retail admin, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety in the retail store adheres to RSPB procedures.
What we need from you:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to travel to the reserve without the use of public transport.
- Experience of working at a retail environment/visitor attraction.
- Experience of working in a sales background.
- Retail certificate.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Till operation and payment handling.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
This is a Permanent 0 hours contract to support the team during busy periods, holidays,s and sickness absences.
For further information please contact Jane.email@example.com
Please note, that there is no public transport to the reserve.
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.