3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Our busy catering operation at Minsmere Reserve is looking for a sessional catering assistant to join the team. We are looking for an individual who is able to deliver the highest standards and customer care and assist with the day-to-day running of the café operation, in line with set RSPB procedures and routines.
You will need to be available to work during the day (no evenings), and weekend and Bank Holiday working will be essential. The successful candidate will be offered a contract from August 2022 to November 2022.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Enthusiastic approach to work,
- High understanding of the principals of food hygiene;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback;
- Working in target driven/pressured environment;
- Working on the till, card machine, cashing up;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working at a café/bar/pub;
- Till operation and payment handling;
- Knowledge of food and food service skills;
- Computer skills.
This is a zero-hours contract in a fixed term role from 29th August 2022 - 6th November 2022. This role will generally be for a minimum of 8 hours per week, up to a total of 22.5. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on 17th August. For further information please contact email@example.com
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.