3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
We are looking for an inspiring team member who has experience in catering and who understands the important connections between food and the environment and great customer care at our beautiful Wetlands site. Rainham Marshes is the closest RSPB reserve to London with a visitor centre and café. We welcome visitors from across London, Essex and further afield.
What's the role about?
You will assist the Food and Beverage Manager in the day-to-day running of the café, in line with set RSPB procedures and routines, maintaining and developing the excellent quality of service and care expected by our customers, supervising and organising the team, looking at new and interesting products, preparing meals and serving customers.
You will assist with office tasks, stock control, placing orders, and cleaning. You will also deputise for the F&B Manager when required.
It is important that the catering team are supported, developed and enjoy their role within the site and you will play a big part in ensuring we have a great team.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good working knowledge of Food Safety and Hygiene, with relevant training
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of merchandising and selling principles, i.e. upselling and add on sales
- Well developed food presentation skills.
- Proven track record of managing a successful catering operation.
- Experience of working towards targets and KPIs for a catering business.
- Experience of working with stock management systems and stock controls.
- Delivering an exemplar customer service experience, excellent customer care and responding to customer needs and feedback
This is a Permanent, Part-Time role for 30 hours per week. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.