This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and driven individual with excellent organisational skills to join our UK-wide Membership Venues Team, who are vital to the success of our Membership Fundraisers and helps the RSPB to raise the funds it needs to reach our ambitious goals to save nature.
About the role
You will be responsible for planning and organising a calendar of events for our team to attend, from shopping centres to country shows; high streets to our reserves, and everything in between, so that they can inspire members of the public to become members of the RSPB.
Our aim is to inspire external partners about our attendance at their events or venues. We are looking for someone who is a confident relationship builder, with excellent telephone and email manners as well as communication and negotiation skills. You must have impeccable organisational skills, a keen eye for detail, and be able to manage several tasks at once, recording all key details on our CRM database system on a daily basis to ensure that our team of Membership Fundraisers have everything they need to attend their events and venues.
You will be part of a successful and energetic team, which covers the whole of the UK. Your focus will be on developing opportunities for the team in Northern Ireland. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues across the UK. This position can be conducted from home, however occasional travel, including to a local office, reserve or elsewhere in the United Kingdom will be required. You will have a geographical understanding of Northern Ireland, and knowledge of local venues and events.
What we need from you
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including customer service skills.
- Effective planning and decision-making skills.
- Geographical understanding of Northern Ireland.
- Solutions focused approach with the ability to overcome setbacks and last-minute changes in order to get the best outcome for the RSPB.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Confident in learning about and using new software (eg, CRM database and Fundraising Portal). Training will be provided.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of fundraising and what makes a good fundraising venue.
- Knowledge of potential venues in Northern Ireland.
- Experience of relationship development, particularly through cold contacting potential clients and suppliers.
Benefits of the position include:
- A set salary between £23,939 - £26,558 pro rata.
- Annual holiday allowance (including bank holiday and fixed Christmas leave)
- Full training and support with professional/personal development programmes; and
- Opportunities for career progression in multiple directorates.
This is a Contract, Part Time role for 30 hours per week (days to be agreed), until the beginning of November 2023. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 12th December 2022. For any and all queries relating to the role, please don't hesitate to contact Joshua.Jones@rspb.org.uk
As part of this application process, you will be asked to complete a full application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Conservation Scientist (Social Sciences) - (Fixed Term)
- Warden - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Assistant Monitoring Officer (ELP) - (Fixed-Term)
- Organisational Development Adviser - Flexible in UK/Hybrid
- Learning and Development Adviser x2 - Part-Time & Full-Time (Flexible in UK/Hybrid)
- Cairngorms Connect Communications Officer - (Fixed Term)
- Seasonal Assistant Warden - Wallasea Island (Fixed-Term)
- Trapper (Fixed-Term) - Orkney Native Wildlife Project
- Seasonal Field Officer - Plovers in Peril (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Officer (x 4) RSPB Rathlin Island - Northern Ireland
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Assistant Warden x2 (Fixed-Term)
- Assistant Warden x2 - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Communications Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office
- 2 x Part-Time Cleaners - (14.5 hours M to F and 5 hours at weekends)
- Conservation Data Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Seabird & Marine Policy Officer (Senior)
- 5 x Centre Assistants - Bempton Cliffs (6 months Fixed-Term, Variable Hours Avail)
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Devon, Exe Estuary (30 hours p/w)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)