3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Are you passionate about the natural world? Do you want to play a part in protecting it for future generations? Can you inspire people through storytelling to take up this cause?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the team at Leighton Moss, to be an excellent ambassador for both the reserve and the RSPB and spread the work we are doing into the community.
What’s the role about?
This role is based at Leighton Moss nature reserve, the Membership Recruitment Officer is a key part of the team that provides the Great Welcome for visitors to the reserve, as well as inspiring people to become lifelong members of the RSPB. The role will also involve occasional travel to local external venues to speak to members of the public about membership and promote Leighton Moss.
About Leighton Moss
Leighton Moss is a flagship RSPB reserve located in the Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The reserve is home to some fantastic wildlife including marsh harriers, bittern and otters. As part of the Welcome team you’ll be at the heart of the action, greeting some of our 100’000 visitors per year. The memberships you recruit will generate vital income which the RSPB can use to help save nature.
• Opportunity to join a great team that is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature;
• A set salary, rather than working to commission;
• An annual volunteer day either with the RSPB or another charity of your choosing;
• 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata));
• Full training and comprehensive induction; and
• Career progression opportunities within Europe's largest conservation charity.
What we need from you:
You don’t need to know much about birds, nor do you need to know much about conservation, as we run a thorough induction program and offer fantastic training and ongoing support.
• Enthusiasm and passion for saving nature;
• Enjoy working outdoors - solo as well as part of a team;
• A good story-teller and a confident communicator;
• A resilience to rejection;
• Motivational – Both with yourself and others;
• Experience in a customer-facing role;
• Comfortable asking people for monthly donations;
• A full driving licence (manual); and
• Happy to work 3 out of 4 weekends, and bank holidays.
• Fundraising/sales experience
• Used to working to targets
The closing date for this vacancy is 17th August 2022, With an intended interview date of 25th August.
Should you have any additional queries about this vacancy, please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We run a monthly induction for all new Membership Fundraisers around the UK, and are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of 3rd October.
Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form. If you wish to include a cover letter, please ensure that this is a part of your CV document.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received so please don't hesitate in applying.
Finally, before applying, we would encourage you to read through the candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this advert.
We look forward to hearing from you!